jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is there an easy way to backup hubs?

1. g37752 profile image74
    g37752posted 5 years ago

Is there an easy way to backup hubs?

I see a link to down load csv, but it only downloads the URL's to the hubs.
    Is there an easy way to backup the contents of hubs?

2. sirgeovan profile image57
    sirgeovanposted 5 years ago

I can only back up my hubs through my raw copies in MS word. I don't know much about any style of backing up my hubs.

3. thranax profile image56
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

Currently, there isn't an easy way to back up your Hubs in its entirety. There are essentially three things you can do that will provide essentially easy back up's if for some reason Hubpages shuts down or your account is terminated.

1. Save all the text in word/notepads in a folder with all the images used (assists) as if this was your own webpage.

2. In firefox and other browsers you can right click and "Save Page As..." which will make a folder+an icon that will launch the page in your browser even if your not online. (local files)

3. Save the page as a PDF using the Print function. Using Adobe Acrobat Pro you might be able to convert the text into editable text to copy/paste.

These are the only three options you have that you might be able to simply copy+paste the text copy. If you wish to just have it you can print the page out but if Hubpages went down or your account is terminated you will have to retype the text copy and re-find the photos used.

Hope this helps you and everyone else out!

~thranax~

1. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Save the page as a PDF using the Print function". That's the way I've saved all my Hubs since joining over a year ago. Simple, and quick. But, since the design change to new format, I can't find the Print panel any more. Any tips? Thanks.

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Personally I write most of my articles in microsoft word. It's easier to edit and organize and the spelling and grammar checker is better than hubpages. Then I just copy/paste the text into my hub and save the word document. I use a lot of links and if I wanted to actually back things up I would just save the links at the bottom of my article too.

Since you have to upload photos to hubpages I have all of the ones I've downloaded saved on my computer in case I need to use them for something else.

This is the easiest way I can think of to back up a hub.

1. g37752 profile image74
      g37752posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I should have done it the same way. guess i was just lazy and did it all "on-the-fly."

5. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Evernote is a cool app to backup files like hubs.

working