jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do Hubbers get banned from forums?

1. Farmer Rachel profile image99
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

How do Hubbers get banned from forums?

I've noticed people on Hubpages mentioning that they've been, or are being, banned from the forums. How does this happen? What rules do you have to break to get banned?

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image84
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

The most often way is writing a forum post that the person your replying to, or someone else reading the forum believes to be a personal attack you have written and they report you to HubPages.
    If the moderators believe the report to be a personal attack or another forum violation has occurred. You are banned for a defined period of time. HubPages will also email you that you have been banned for x amount of time.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

That would be the Forum Rules. Whenever you post to the forum, you agree to follow these rules, a link to which is provided where you post.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i tried to tell someone exactly what i thought of them and i got banned. he's an ignorant little man who think belittling people makes him look smart and when i said that and a few other things i got banned. it's one of those time when i wish i could have just knocked him out but obviously i couldn't.

5. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

If someone personally attacks you or calls you a  name, that person might be banned. I have learned that if you attack back, it might give him the attention and power he desires. In addition you could also be banned. Follow forum rules for good interaction on site.

1. wqaindia profile image81
      wqaindiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have gone through all the answers below and commenting here as I think I am interacting with a senior hubber. I never broke the rules except my temptation to provide links if I thought that the same were necessary.

working