jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

What is with the big banner ad above my profile?

1. SportsBetter profile image80
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

What is with the big banner ad above my profile?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The HubPages logo.

SportsBetterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes but within their logo there is a banner ad

3. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I absolutely hate the new format with the top banner ad.  It has made hub pages less trust worthy and looks more like a "junk" site.  I have noticed considerably less traffic since the change.

Yeah agreed, I definitely don't like it.  I don't even think I can make money from it.

4. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

That's interesting I haven't seen it.  I also run ad blocking software, but I do see the ads like on the sidebar etc.  I would be disappointed also to see a huge banner ad on top of pages - it's not only tacky, it does cause people to distrust the content.

5. dmhenderson profile image60
    dmhendersonposted 5 years ago

It is an attempt to gin up ad revenue whose practical effect is to make your profile less accessible to the casual viewer.

When editing hubs it increases the amount of up-and-down scrolling necessary to get the job done.

6. Dale Hyde profile image84
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

Not seeing a banner ad over my profile as of yet. I run AdBlock, However, on HubPages I do not use it as I want to see all ads here.

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I have no clue as to what you're talking about.  i don't see any banners over my profile or anyplace else...and as far as I know, I don't run any ad blocking software.

8. SportsBetter profile image80
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

Actually,  I don't see the banner ad on my home computer.  I was only seeing it on my work computer.

I don't understand it.

9. profile image0
    i4uposted 5 years ago

May be some of us getting to see it and some of us not is because of the browser. i use Mozilla Firefox and there's no ad shown up in here my profile.
    Or they might be starting to come into all of ours profile space.

That wouldn't do good and surely get the reputation a low. The user wouldn't be highlighted for the reader but anyway with our feedback I guess things may be like usual for all.

Best wishes!

Yeah I'm not sure. I use firefox for both of my computers, work and home.  My home computer isn't showing the ads, my work one is.  I don't know what it is about.

working