jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is it okay to write a hub predominantly with links to your own hubs?

1. nakmeister profile image81
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

Is it okay to write a hub predominantly with links to your own hubs?

I mean as a sort of guide to a set of articles, such as 'my book reviews' or my 'technology advice articles'? Obviously would need to have a line or two for each so the hub didn't flagged as sub-standard, but just wondered whether this sort of thing is frowned on or not?

2. Doodlehead profile image78
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

I have read  that the highes income hubber provides an "index" to her published hubs or her followers.   I don't know if it is legal or not, but sounds like it might be.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I don't think there is anything wrong with it so long as the index hub has its own unique content. Write new descriptions for the hubs you're linking to. Provide stats, or reflect on the creation process. Anything that will make the content rich and unique. I've done this before for my humor articles. I wrote a number of them, all with a similar theme, and when I told people about them I wanted to link to a single place where they could find all of them. So it's a legitimate practice.

4. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Yes!  HubPages used to run a Capstone Hub program, where Hubbers were encouraged to do exactly that.

What you did was write a series of Hubs on a single topic, then write a "Capstone" Hub to list all the Hubs in the series - like an index.

I used the idea for the 30 Day Challenge. I created the Capstone first, listing the Hubs I was going to write.  Then as I wrote them, I turned the title of each Hub into a hyperlink TO that Hub.  Great fun and motivating!
    http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/My … -Challenge

5. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

Hubpages provided an answer to this question last week when they unpublished exactly the sort of hub you are talking about. The exact comment was "Hubs are required to contain more content that just a compilation of links to other pages". I wanted to provide a hub with useful links to articles I have written about puppies, good articles (in my opinion) that other hubbers have written about puppies, and two great websites dealing with puppy problems. They unpublished it, twice, and told me that I am not allowed to publish a hub that is mostly made up of links.
    They did not publish it again until I added 500 words as an introducton.
    I have seen numerous others on Hubpages publish an index made up of links so I think if they do not notice it you will be fine. If they happen to catch on later you might be unpublished.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised to hear that, since I have a few Hubs like that - and HubPages' official Capston program used to allow it. The important thing is that each link must have a unique description of a reasonable length - maybe that was your problem?

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, they all had descriptions and I thought the concept was important since I usually send visitors to my profile page; the hub would make it easier to navigate. HP told me that any visitor could go to the topics page, which I considered inadequate.

working