jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Making money with hubs in the UK ?

1. Simba73 profile image73
    Simba73posted 5 years ago

Making money with hubs in the UK ?

Is it possible to make money through hubs in the UK as I started the process and got to a lot of U.S tax info data needed.Does anyone know what to do?

2. drspaniel profile image89
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

Well I'm making money, so yes you can make money on HubPages within the U.K. But I may have misunderstood, are you genuinely British or not?

1. Simba73 profile image73
      Simba73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi, yes I'm a Brit in the UK

3. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Yes it is possible I have been doing it for 6 months now. I recall there is an option for non U.S residents that can be selected meaning you don't have to pay tax. I have earn't money and haven't had any problems as of yet. Maybe I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will correct any mistake I made.

4. chasmac profile image96
    chasmacposted 5 years ago

Yes, as the others have said, you can earn money from HubPages in the UK. Just follow through with those tax questions that you saw. It's not as daunting as it first appears. You need to do this because HubPages is a US company and so any earnings are taxable by the US government. However, the US and UK  have a reciprocal tax agreement which means your earnings won't be taxed by the US government. You'll still be liable to pay tax in the UK for any earnings, though, as you would with any 'self employed' earnings. This agreement means you don't pay tax to both the UK and US governments. But first you need to complete that tax information section of HubPages.