jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Are there times when you think other hubbers perceive you as a "boring" writer?

1. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Are there times when you think other hubbers perceive you as a "boring" writer?

I'm guilty of this. There are times that I feel that hubbers perceive me as a boring writer. Haha! And this could be given proof by my 1 Funny Feedback among my 36 hubs. Amazing right?

Anyway, how about you?

2. cam8510 profile image94
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

absolutely.  Whenever I get a steady flow of readers and no comments, I get insecure.  But I continue to write because I have a passion for crafting and sculpting until I have the structure of an article.  It doesn't matter what I am writing about, I write for the sake of writing. So, yes I pay attention to these feedback parts of HB, and it keeps me awake at nights sometimes.  I hope to grow out of it soon.  Good question

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My most successful hub has 3 comments, and one of them is by me. Comments are nice to get, but I don't stress about them.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

It looks like most of your subjects are pretty serious, so I wouldn't expect many "funny" votes. Not funny doesn't mean boring.

1. yougotme profile image89
      yougotmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I guess you are right. smile
      But, I dunno, I think I don't know yet how to craft a funny hub. smile

4. robes profile image61
    robesposted 5 years ago

Even though I just began the other day on HubPages. I personally do feel the same way, especially when I write something and I don't get many viewers / comments. I guess it's how you personally feel about your writing, however I wouldn't worry. I liked your writing. smile

1. cam8510 profile image94
      cam8510posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I posted a traveling hub yesterday which is doing extremely well in terms of views and hub score, but not well at all with comments.  I think lack of comments gets to me more than anything.  It makes me feel like they read, but without much interest.

5. lannm profile image61
    lannmposted 5 years ago

I agree with the the other Hubbers, and don't worry about the comments, just write what you enjoy and you will create followers. If I worried about receiving comments I would of had a break down by now.

working