jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Placements for Photos/Links/Revenue Capsules

1. Kat07 profile image68
    Kat07posted 9 years ago

I don't know if this has been brought up in the past, but I would LOVE to be able to place some of the capsules in the center side of some of the text blocks!  It isn't always a nice layout to have them all default to the top.  It would be so lovely to drag-and-drop them along the right side wherever they best fit in.  The aesthetics of hubpages would improve dramatically.

1. tom z profile image89
      tom zposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi, i only began 2 days ago and figured out yesterday the same thing jenny just mentioned.  i had all my text in one "capsule", and i simply took each section and placed them in separate text capsules, and added another image, then you can use the capsule moving thing in the right column to "re-order" the sections quickly, then see what the changes look like.  this is a great feature. it's inspring me to write more hub pages.  best of luck to you, too.

tom z

2. Inspirepub profile image80
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

You can achieve this effect by using multiple text boxes, instead of putting all your text in one text box. Just break the text between two text boxes at the point where you want the new capsule to sit.

If you aren't sure exactly where you're going to want the capsule, and you want to be able to float the capsule up and down easily, just put each paragraph in its own text box.

Jenny

3. Kat07 profile image68
    Kat07posted 9 years ago

Ooooo, good idea!

4. Lissie profile image84
    Lissieposted 9 years ago
  5. Kat07 profile image68
    Kat07posted 9 years ago

Jenny, I used your suggestion and it worked beautifully!  Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I just wasn't thinking creatively enough to get there myself!  I appreciate it!!!

6. Inspirepub profile image80
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Glad to be of service ...

Jenny

7. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the link, Lissie. It helps me to understand the capsules better.

8. Carolina Crete profile image83
    Carolina Creteposted 9 years ago

After reading your hub Lissie it has all become clear. I haven't spent much time with the layout of my hubs so far, but now feel that I have to go back and sort them out!

9. Lissie profile image84
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Fantastic - glad to be of help!

working