jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you share someone else's hub?

1. Farmer Rachel profile image98
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

How do you share someone else's hub?

I understand facebook, twitter, and pinterest sharing, but how do I "share" a hub on Hubpages? Thanks!

2. Randy M. profile image87
    Randy M.posted 5 years ago

I assume that you are discussing using it in an article, in context of a question you may pose in Q&A or in a forum.  These are the most effective ways of sharing articles within Hubpages.  There are two ways to share a hub within an article:

1. When you are in the capsule and in the edit mode for it, highlight the text that is relevant to the hub.  Then go to the top bar and click on the chain link icon.  This will open up a new box where you can put that link in, so copy the link from the address bar of the other hub and then paste it into the URL box.  Then press insert and you are done.

2. You can list the author and the title of the hub as a reference at the end of the hub in a references section, typing in the information and going through the same process above by highlighting all or a portion of the reference to make the link.

Sometimes, when you highlight the text, if the hub is highly relevant to what you are highlighting, then there are suggestions below the url entry for the text you highlighted - and the link to that hub may be there. 

To share a hub in a questions answer or the forums section, you just put the link in the second part of the question where you are explaining your question more in depth.

Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's not exactly what I was trying to figure out... I meant to ask how to share someone else's hub with my "followers." But this is useful info, anyway!

3. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years ago

Hi Farmer Rachel!

You can also share a hub that you like (or have written) with your followers by clicking the small, roundish people icon with the words "HubPages Followers" next to it on the right-hand side of the screen. It's beneath icons for the other ways to share (Facebook, Google, Tweet). Sometimes you'll get a message that tells you not to share too much. Good advice, huh? What you share shows up in your followers' feeds.

Take it easy,
    Jill

Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ah, you're the best, Jill! That's exactly what I was trying to figure out how to do. Wondered what that "Hugpages followers" button meant... I guess it should have been obvious wink
      Thank you!

working