jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

One of my hubs has a red skull, but it doesnt have the 3 links to one site? Why?

1. daisydayz profile image88
    daisydayzposted 5 years ago

One of my hubs has a red skull, but it doesnt have the 3 links to one site? Why?

One of my hubs has a red skull next to it saying it has 3 or promotional links to one site, but it doesn't. It has a number or links but all to different sites, no duplicates at all? I dont understand why? Any ideas?

2. Volitans profile image81
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

It could be your pictures. Picture urls are counted as normal links for that purpose. If you have three pictures that link to flickr, that would do it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No it won't, Flickr is exempt from the link limit, as is Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons

3. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 5 years ago

I had this exact issue one time too - to figure out what it is, click on the individual hub and go in to 'edit' - at the top it should tell you exactly which link is the problem.  In my case, it turned out that I was linking to a site that was considered too 'promotional' content-wise, even though I did not actually have 3 links to any one site.  I guess it considered that site too promotional in and of itself (even though I only linked to it once), so I simply deleted that link from my hub.  It was a bit annoying because it was one of two sources of research that I had cited, but I didn't really have a choice.  Remember that even when you have fixed the problem it can take a few hours for the red skull to go away.  Keep us updated.