jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

My Hub that I just published can't be accessed by most of my fans.

1. breakfastpop profile image90
    breakfastpopposted 8 years ago

I posted my hub this morning as usual. When I clicked Print, I was told my Hub did not exist. I can see it and it is published, but one fan emailed me to report this problem and yet another fan was able to get on and post a comment. I have no idea what to do.

2. profile image0
    Brendan Clarkeposted 8 years ago

My friends cannot view my hubs either. It simply says it doesn't exist. I can view my own hubs when logged in but when I log out I get the same problem.

So basically, no one can see my hubs other than myself, right now. I only joined yesterday at the advice of a friend.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
      mistyhorizon2003posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like many other hubbers had the same problem yesterday, but it has been fixed now, so you should be okay again smile

3. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I can see both of your Hubs.

When people are trying to access your Hubs, if there is any extra punctuation or characters in the URL, it will come up as saying a Hub doesn't exist, so be sure to check for that.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this is one of the weaknesses of the fact that HubPages auto-generates your URL.   It's always a good idea to edit it and create your own.

Unfortunately if that's the problem, all you can do is delete the Hub and do it again, because you can't change the URL.

If I ever put punctuation in my hub titles, the hubpage generated URL always excludes it as a matter of course, even though the actual title includes the punctuation after publishing. This has never caused me any problems.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
          Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't fix multiple hyphens which can cause a problem.

Ahh, I see, fortunately I don't use them. Cheers for the info Marisa smile

4. dfantasy profile image60
    dfantasyposted 8 years ago

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. My friends can't seem to view my hub page. I've excluded the punctuations in my title and it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Help!

XY

working