jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

More website problems = low traffic

1. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

More website problems = low traffic

Anyone else noticed this?  Since yesterday the latest/hot/best on our profiles haven't been working properly and I've noticed a decrease in traffic which I believe is a result.

2. yougotme profile image88
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

I believe this is due to the upgrades Hubpages is doing recently. They are trying to launch the new look of our profile pages. So, this may have caused the problem.

In my case, my level of traffic remained stabled. But, there are a lot of factors to consider which affect our traffic, so I'm not really sure about whether there's an impact or not. smile

sparksterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, obviously traffic levels fluctuate anyway so it's difficult to tell.  Might just be a quiet day!

3. mismazda profile image60
    mismazdaposted 5 years ago

Yes I noticed that the hot, best and latest feature was not working...and traffic was down..oh my  i wonder what is going on...

4. Gamerelated profile image85
    Gamerelatedposted 5 years ago

They are also adding a new hub hopping feature as well as the new profile feature.  I did notice that the latest, hot, and best feature were not working on other peoples profiles.  As for myself I have already upgraded to the new profile, so I don't have a latest, hot, and best anymore as far as I know. 

You can also upgrade your profile by going to any profile that has already been upgraded and then clicking on the upgrade button near the top of the page.  You can visit my profile or visit any of the staff member profiles and upgrade your own profile. 

A word of warning though, if you upgrade your profile you will lose hyperlinks that are in your bio.  However there is a separate section on the profile now that is designated for adding links, but they are designed for adding social networking links.

sparksterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So we don't have hot/best/latest on the new profile?  That sucks.

2. Gamerelated profile image85
      Gamerelatedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they changed the hot/best/latest and I am also disappointed that they removed the ability to place hyperlinks in the profile.  However, the new profile page looks really sleek and really nice.  I also like the social networking links at the top.

working