jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would I get more hits if I changed my profile thumbnail to a hot lady and acted

1. pilgrimboy profile image71
    pilgrimboyposted 5 years ago

Would I get more hits if I changed my profile thumbnail to a hot lady and acted like I was her?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Possibly you would here on Hubpages, but not on the web at large, where the real success is found.

When someone Google searches something, they are looking for info, not a hot chick...unless they are googling for hot chicks, of course.

My man, Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!  Please don't do this to us, yourself, etc...I'm thinking Hitchcock, and Anthony Perkins here.

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

Sure you would. Sex sells.

But it might not be a good idea for you since I see from your profile you are a pastor. It seems to me that the Bible says that a man should not play the role of a woman, or vice versa.

A hub about bikinis with few words and pics of hot ladies is going to get more hits than one that has something to appeal to one's intellect.

A picture of a hot lady is worth a thousand words. Ain't that the truth.

4. Anonymous00 profile image70
    Anonymous00posted 5 years ago

I concur with Mr. Shaw. You would most likely not see any noticeable results in the 'online world' yet simply a rise in popularity "locally" However this wouldn't equate to much substantially. The real achievement is within the page rank and your status in the search engines. This nets results. Though this is a comical thought to consider none the less.

5. courtyB3 profile image76
    courtyB3posted 5 years ago

Sadly in this day in age, sex sells. BIG TIME. I might just do this as well LOL

6. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

You might get a few more hits from the hubpages community, but you would probably also get more hits if you actually had a nice picture of your face. People respond better when they think they're interacting with real people.

Writing interesting useful hubs that people want to share also gets you hits.

The internet is full of fakes, I think you'll do better in the long run if you create a trustworthy reputation for yourself.