jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Is there any way to get back my old Hubpages profile?

1. ratnaveera profile image71
    ratnaveeraposted 5 years ago

Is there any way to get back my old Hubpages profile?

Recently I have upgraded my Hubpages profile. But, I really like the old one and want to get back it. Unfortunately I am unable to change it. I need good idea to get my old profile. I think it will be nice if the profile design is optional.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Nope, sorry. There was a warning before you saved your new profile that the change could not be undone.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

In the blog post about the new profile, it says that once you update to the new profile there's no going back. Plus, after a while everyone is going to be updated to the new profile whether they like it or not, so no one will have the old profile format.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

No, it told you when you went to edit it that it was permanent. I believe eventually everyone will have to use the new format.

5. JenJen0703 profile image84
    JenJen0703posted 5 years ago

Once you upgrade your profile, there is no way to switch it back. When you upgraded, the directions made it clear that once you switch, you can't go back. I agree with you, the design should be optional.

6. AEvans profile image81
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

It is a good option; but I believe once you change it there isn't anyway at the current time to change it back. Change is good! I just changed mine and find it really nice. It just takes time to acclimate. Think of FB and there timeline people at the beginning didn't like it' but now they love it.

I believe you will find the new profile exciting and unique, just be patient. smile

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

As many have already stated, you cannot go back to your old profile.  You can also read the blog post which states that eventually, everyone will have the new profile design. 

The blog post is at http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/08/new-pr … gn-option/

1. ratnaveera profile image71
      ratnaveeraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to all for your kind replies. I will try to understand the unique of the new profile. However, it takes a little bit longer time to get loaded when we compare with the previous one.  My opn is the number the number of Hubs should be limited,.

8. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Nope! So be careful before changing your profile style.

9. afriqnet profile image52
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

I also recently changed to the new HubPages Profile, but I was warned before changing that this was a permanent change. So I don't think its possible. Just the same way you cannot change your user-name on HP.

10. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

No there is no way going back. Even if there was, that would only be temporary. Eventually the new profile design will be mandatory and ubiquitous around hubpages.