jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Does anybody else hate the new hub-hopping layout?

1. annart profile image87
    annartposted 5 years ago

Does anybody else hate the new hub-hopping layout?

I used to love hub-hopping but now it's turned into a critical analysis!  I think this is detrimental to the whole idea therefore I don't do it anymore.  It was a great way to look at others' work.  Now I use the 'feed' section instead but it's not such a good way of exploring.  What do others think?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I couldn't agree more. It is way over the top. What they had in place was so much more efficient. I've stopped hoping. Can't stand it. I don't have the time to check spelling, punctuation, etc. Crazy!!

annartposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more!  Thanks, glad I'm not the only one!

3. kristyleann profile image59
    kristyleannposted 5 years ago

I agree. I hate it. I used to love getting on there and finding new hubs and learning about new things I might not have learned about otherwise. But now it's not fun anymore. I really hope they change it back to the old one.

1. Your Cousins profile image84
      Your Cousinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hopping used to be more fun with the old system. Maybe there could be a marriage of the two that would make it more user friendly.

2. annart profile image87

Yes maybe there will be enough of us to make a difference; power to the people!

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Absolutely hate it and maybe if enough of us complain, they will change it back....maybe. I stopped hub hopping because of it.

Maybe they will; no harm in trying!  Thanks duffsmom

5. The Invincible profile image61
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

I hate it so much....It hurts lolzzz!! These people have made it a little complicated; it was fine earlier. It is no more user-friendly!

Exactly; it was a great way to find out about others and see what was out there.  Ah well, don't suppose it will go back to the old way..... will it?

2. alisha4u profile image38
      alisha4uposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I suppose it should since nobody seems to like it this way.. Well, let's see when we could get back 'hopping' smile

6. steveso profile image79
    stevesoposted 5 years ago

I am getting used to it, after initially hating it. I do wish we could leave comments on the Hub though.

I quite agree.  It was just an easy way of seeing other's hubs and commenting as usual.

7. Mercia Collins profile image71
    Mercia Collinsposted 5 years ago

It takes longer, it is not intuitive, and it does not suit all types of Hubs.

Yes you're right.  'Intuitive' reactions are very important.  I thought hubs were all about appealing to the reader; good layout and grammar etc is all part of that appeal - how to get to your reader.  Thanks for commenting.

8. bernard.sinai profile image81
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

I've also stopped hub-hopping because of the new interface.

Closed to reply

working