jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Why doesn't Hubpages update traffic stats in real time?

1. Nesbyte profile image85
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

Why doesn't Hubpages update traffic stats in real time?

All these problems with the traffic statistics recently has got me thinking: why doesn't Hubpages update traffic stats in real time? It's something I'd really like to see. Blogger does it, and it's a great feature.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

They just don't have that capability at this time.

3. securityproducts3 profile image39
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

This is probably a feature that they will implement in the near future, I bet the coding technicians are probably working on something as we speak, but as of now they probably just haven't devoted any time previous to developing this.

4. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

I would love for that to happen. I am a stats freak and look at them all most 10 times a day. Real time would keep me from always going back to the page to be dissappointed because nothing has been updated yet. I am all for that when it can happen!!! smile

5. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

I know what you mean about stats anxiety - been there, done that -  but I think you have to remember that Blogger is run by Google and you'd maybe be surprised just what a family-sized set-up Hubpages still is. I think this is a GOOD THING.

Don't worry about stats. Just keep writing. And keep trying to write better.

Another hubber made a beautiful analogy, I'm so sorry I can't remember who just at the minute but he told the story of two farmers. One sows a seed and then keeps digging it up to see if it has grown yet. The other sows a seed, waters it and then sows another...and another...and another...

...now who do you think ended up with a good harvest?

As a far more popular character than I'll ever be is said to have said, "Those who have ears to hear, let them hear!"

The time you spend digging up seeds already planted (obsessive stats checking) is time you could spend planting new seeds (another line or two of a new hub).

Just some thoughts. smile

1. Nesbyte profile image85
      Nesbyteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm just going to say it; that's a brilliant analogy. Seriously.
      I do like to keep track though. That said, the fact that Hubpages *doesn't* update in real time is forcing me to look at the stats less. So maybe it's a good thing after all!

2. alvairs profile image61
      alvairsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are so right man.

6. GiancarloLorenzo profile image74
    GiancarloLorenzoposted 5 years ago

I'm wondering the same thing.  They are probably working on it right now.  It's tough to run a site exactly perfect.  They'll get there eventually.  I'd bet money on it.

7. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago

I think that it will get greater later. It takes a lot of work to fix some of the problems.

8. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You're supposed to use Analytics if you want real-time stats.  That how this site was designed.  The in-house stats are a basic overview and Analytics for all the detailed stuff.  HubPages didn't want to spend the time and resources to reinvent the statistics wheel, so they added in the Analytics capability a few years ago.

9. MohsinGhafoor profile image59
    MohsinGhafoorposted 5 years ago

I hope they will get it fixed soon in this year 2013.