jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Almost all of the hubber who feature on the "success stories" page are losing ma

1. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Almost all of the hubber who feature on the "success stories" page are losing massive traffic, why?

Does this mean that overall HubPages is losing steam? Does google not rate HubPages as highly as it use to?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7072913_f260.jpg

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The massive traffic drops here are mostly the result of the Panda and Penguin updates over the last two years.  If you look up HubPages.com as a whole on Quantcast.com, you'll see how the site as a whole was hit very hard by those changes.

The site has still not recovered and you'll find many people in the forums reporting traffic losses during the summer of 2012.

1. Anishpat profile image80
      Anishpatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh! I didn't know that the updates have affected HubPages so drastically. Does this mean HubPages.com is slowly running out of steam or is a recovery likely? Thanks for your answer.

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As Google keeps changing things and HubPages keeps trying to respond, we'll all just have to wait and see.  Really, you should follow the ongoing discussions in the forums if you want to know more.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Massive traffic or not, that looks much better than mine. They seem to live on Hubpages!

4. Barbara Kay profile image89
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

Even if Hubpages is losing steam due to the Panda and Penguin updates, it is still the best place to get traffic. I've tried two other sites and my articles just don't place as well in the Search Engines.

I just finished reading an article this morning about how we need to find other places to get traffic besides Google. My question is where? Nothing else seems to compare.

1. Alastar Packer profile image84
      Alastar Packerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The only other site I see a lot around my hubs on the G is 'suite 101.'

2. brakel2 profile image82
      brakel2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I often see eHow ahead of my hubs, unfortunately.

3. Farmer Rachel profile image99
      Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I actually get a lot more traffic from Bing and Yahoosearch than from Google. However, I'm not sure if the amount of traffic that I get as a new hubber really compares...

5. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

My stats are increasing again. It went from virtually zero back to where I was before. I was seriously thinking of throwing the towel in if it went on much longer.
    I think we need to just sit it out, keep the faith and bite the bullet a bit longer.

1. honeybee2u profile image61
      honeybee2uposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I had the same thought too when my traffic went down.  There's nothing much I can do so will have to wait it out and see.

working