jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Viewership up a lot the past week or more, but earnings going down? Ideas about

1. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Viewership up a lot the past week or more, but earnings going down? Ideas about why?

My hubs are getting more traffic daily than they used to, yet the past several days my earnings are well below my usual average.  I am wondering why that may be?  I do not have links on questionable sites etc. and most traffic is google, pinterest, other search engines etc.

2. Mandy M S profile image90
    Mandy M Sposted 5 years ago

I have the exact same problem.  My earnings are down by about 80% of what they were previously with the same amount of traffic.  Hope someone knows what's going on!

1. bankscottage profile image95
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This has been happening to me also.  I am earning less and less money on the same number of views, sometimes more views and less earnings.

2. Mandy M S profile image90
      Mandy M Sposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They fixed mine now!  Yay!  That looks better!

3. tina.wong profile image80
      tina.wongposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How long did it take for your earnings to go back to normal?? Mine just went down neutral making me worried...

3. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

I was wondering about this, as I too have had increased visitors, be decreased CPM. Which makes my earnings go down, when I am expecting them to go up! A bit disappointing!

My only idea would be to try to write using keywords that are higher paying, but I'm not sure that would make much of a difference if everyone is experiencing decreased CPM.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

It seems you are the exact opposite of a lot of us. Everything has been down for around 3 weeks. I've seen several talking about this.

5. ShootersCenter profile image71
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

My views have gone up about 20-25% but the earnings are staying the same.

6. Doctor Kristy profile image89
    Doctor Kristyposted 5 years ago

My CPM's dropped recently (the hubpages ad program one) and I have no clue why, since it's been steady for quite a while.

Maybe it's just something that's happening to a number of people?

7. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Yesterday evening it appears some corrections were made and things are back closer to normal again.  Hopefully it was just another little hiccup that is being ironed out.  Sorry to hear so many are having traffic issues - that wasn't what happened with me so I was perplexed by the earnings drop, but it appears to be working itself out now.

1. Mandy M S profile image90
      Mandy M Sposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.. todays earnings have have the same problem again.  What's going on?

2. ChristinS profile image97
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't seen it myself again so I really don't know - perhaps it's just pending earnings and they'll go back up.  Sometimes the stats get backed up a day or two.  I'll keep my eyes peeled too good luck.

8. rfmoran profile image88
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I've been on HP just over 6 months and have published 64 hubs, so I don't have a huge amount of data to spot trends, but the sleuth in me says it may be google tinkering with its algorithm.

working