jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What broadband do you have?

1. JakeFrost profile image59
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

What broadband do you have?

As a fairly 'not-rich' person I had to go with the lowest speeds virgin could offer. That meant 10mb, so I have virgin media 10mb. What do you use and is it effective to your needs?

2. Gail Meyers profile image85
    Gail Meyersposted 5 years ago

I have AT&T U-Verse, which I have been pretty happy with, but Google is rolling out their product here in Kansas City.  The speeds are supposed to be something like 100 times faster, but undoubtedly more expensive too.

3. christin53 profile image82
    christin53posted 5 years ago

It's a coincidence you should ask this question just now. I'm with BT on a standard broadband which I'm quite happy with but they have just rang to say I can have fibre optic broadband for no extra charge. It's supposed to be super fast so in a couple of weeks I should be speeding my way through Hubpages smile

4. samnashy profile image81
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

Ahh, don't get me started.  Since moving to Australia - semi rural, we have some mobile device which is very limited in terms of downloading data etc., I usually end up driving to the library if I want to upload any photos,

5. sweetie1 profile image70
    sweetie1posted 5 years ago

I have Airtel broadband and yes it is unlimited but for first 8 gb it is 2 MPBS and then 256 Kpbs. It is cheapest one available in India and costs me about 16$  a month. Though this 8 gb limit is gone in about 10 days or so because the facebook games take a lots of Mbs and then rest of month it is very slow.

6. Cobrafan profile image79
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

I've got Mediacom bundled with my cable. They claim 30mbps (last time I did a speed test it was 24mbps on wireless) and a decent selection of cable channels for $100/mo. I'm not rich either. Just your average guy working a no-skill job, living with my girlfriend, and trying to enjoy my life. Unfortunately internet is a big part of my life so I couldn't bring myself to go with their basic 3mbps package. 30mbps does a pretty decent job of delivering pages and videos in a timely manner.

7. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Verizon wireless broadband  10 mb    It works just fine  no problems with it and meets my internet needs.

working