jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

On what basis is a hub voted as Hub of the day?

1. litsabd profile image75
    litsabdposted 5 years ago

On what basis is a hub voted as Hub of the day?

I have read some trully amazing awarded hubs but I have also came across some that don't seem to worth their title. What is that special ingredient in this recipe ???

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Hubs of the Day are chosen by HubPages staff members based on their interesting subjects, beautiful formatting, and high quality writing. New Hubs are most frequently chosen, however old Hubs may also be selected and showcased.

Hubs that are involved with other special HubPages programs (e.g. Weekly Topic Inspiration, the HubNuggets program, contests) are more likely to be selected as Hubs of the Day than others, however HubPages staff are just as interested in high quality Hubs that are not associated with any HubPages community activities.

The above is taken from the Learning Center. You can read more here : 

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the OP--I've seen some selections that had not-so-good writing, and so-so formatting.  I wonder if staff takes turns being the sole person to make the selections, so it becomes an "eye of the beholder" situation?

3. paul pruel profile image73
    paul pruelposted 5 years ago

Maybe also for the unique visits, unique clicks and the number of unique views received by the hub for the day. Of course, the number one factor is the hub has good quality contents, good layout and presentation.