jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I'm wondering how is the hub of the day picked? Anyone knows?

1. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

I'm wondering how is the hub of the day picked? Anyone knows?

2. unknown spy profile image76
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

hi Algarview.. you can check on this link.. Been reading this too:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Hub-of-the-Day

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

Two things.  First of all you have to write an amazingly great hub, using nice, properly attributed images.  I've heard that the images are what keeps a lot of hubs out of the running.

Second, you have to be noticed by the people selecting the HOTD. 

I suggest going to the forums and choosing a Weekly Topic Inspiration to write. Be sure to report back that you wrote that hub.  That is likely to get you noticed.  Then it is just a matter of whether your hub stands out from the crowd.

4. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

As I understand it the new hub hopper is one of the ways potential hub of the day get noticed. If you score high on all three categories of "grading" then you have a better chance to get picked.
    This has served as extra incentive for me to make a hub good from the start. Sometimes I'm in a time crunch and I publish a hub without great photos, or missing some info that I plan to research on. Then I go back and edit later, but the hub hopper picks newly published hubs, so my chance is gone...

Anyway, I agree with what others said: have great content, great images, correctly attributed, lots of info, and maybe some interactive capsules, like quiz, test, poll.
    Then keep your fingers crossed. : )

5. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

These steps are taken directly from the learning center.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Hub-of-the-Day

1. Legally used, properly cited images OR original images taken by / created by the author

2. A first image that will fill the full dimensions of the carousel that appears on our homepage for signed-out visitors (In other words, the Hub must have an image whose original size (when uploaded) was at least 200 pixels wide and at least 150 pixels tall)

3. Excellent (and free of grammatical errors), engaging, well-formatted, and interesting writing

4.A good, well-chosen title (capitalized properly, no misspellings, etc.)

If you are interested in more information go to the learning center page shown at the top.

*The most common factor keeping people from being chosen are not having the correct picture size or not properly siting the source of the image.

6. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

The quality on a Hub does matter when chosen as the HUB OF THE DAY, the presentation and so on, and I agree with  unknown spy the link is a helpful one to know more

working