jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

It takes HP about 24h to review your latest hub and tell google to index it...

1. mbyL profile image83
    mbyLposted 5 years ago

It takes HP about 24h to review your latest hub and tell google to index it...

So, when it is 24h "offline" anyway, when should I submit it on google manually? Should I wait until it is featured and then submit it to google manually or can I also do it earlier?

2. NC4Life078 profile image86
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

I'm not sure I understand the question, but, if you are talking about a sitemap then I suppose you could submit it as soon as it is indexed within their search engine. A lot of my old articles have creeped their way to the top of Google, where as the newer ones remain some where in the depths of Google until about a months time where they then find themselves on pages 2-5 (In which I then focus on bettering my SEO to bring them to page 1).

I am not sure what you mean by "Wait till it's featured" as in all reality it may never be "featured" as lets say Hub of the day. I have written 34 Hubs or so and only 1 has been hub of the day. But, even so it took about 2 months for it to make its way to page 1 of Google.

I suppose to answer what I think is your question, you should be able to send Google a sitemap as soon as your article/ articles have been indexed. One way I find out if my articles have been indexed in Google is to search the exact title and then put hubpages at the end. If it doesn't appear there is a good chance the spiders have not crawled overt he page yet. But, if it is an article on Hub Pages a sitemap will ensure it see's the search engine.

But, remember just because you send in a stiemap doesn't mean it will do well gathering search engine traffic as you still might have higher competition.

3. Dale Hyde profile image83
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

You have to wait until it becomes featured to submit to Google Webmaster Tools.  Before that Google will not index it because Google will pick up the noindex tag.

1. profile image67
      abhi_bangalposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dale,
      what if the hub never features. I mean the admin approves the hub but it doesn't get featured. I had hubs that never featured (with the green dot ). Does it mean I cannot submit them?
      Secondly, can I tweet my own hubs even if they are idle?