jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone tried creating an "exclusive" Hubpages?

1. Debby Bruck profile image75
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

Has anyone tried creating an "exclusive" Hubpages?

This marvelous brand new feature tells us a "hot" topic to write a new Hubpages. Wondering how many people have taken the plunge?

2. howlermunkey profile image89
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

I just claimed one, I'll publish it over the weekend smile

Debby Bruckposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cool. I understand each person may have a maximum of 4 exclusives in their unpublished section.

3. bankscottage profile image97
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I tried twice but my topics were to specific or unique that it didn't help.

What happened when you entered topics? Nothing showed up?

4. spartucusjones profile image95
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

Because I am in the apprentice program I got to help test run the feature before it went site wide. I ended up using four exclusive titles. I do think it is a nice feature. That being said if you take the time to do the research through the google keyword tool, in many cases you are going to come up with more search friendly titles on your own. That being for those that may struggle with selecting appropriate titles, the exclusive feature is certainly helpful.

Thanks for providing the 'inside' scoop on this feature. That means we should not simply depend upon the feature, but also do our own SEO Keyword search.

5. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

Yes. I really like the feature. I have published one exclusive so far and then went on to scoop up three more titles on the same topic. I'll be working on those next week.

In the past, I have worked tirelessly on hubs only to discover the hub contained "duplicate" content because someone else already wrote about the subject. Not wanting it to happen again, I would scour through hub titles to see if a subject was already covered. It was starting to take up a significant amount of time just trying to find original material to write about. So, I like the convenience of knowing these titles are readily acceptable. It saves me a lot of time. Now, I can pick a title, do the research, and write. I like that a lot.

6. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Yes, and I really like it.  I have written one Hub using that feature, and today, I chose another one to work on.  From what I understand, no one else has written a Hub on that subject.
    I wrote a Hub last Easter, and then found out there was another one almost identical.  Before I write a Hub now, I search that subject.  This feature saves a lot of time and effort.