jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Accidents happen

1. Nesbyte profile image87
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

Accidents happen

Google AdSense rules state that, for obvious reasons, you're not allowed to click on your own ads. But does anyone know if there's an "accidents happen" clause? Sooner or later, you will accidentally click on an ad. Would Google ban you for that?

2. rb11 profile image73
    rb11posted 5 years ago

No, an accidental click here and there won't cause alarms with Google. What they're guarding against is intentional, fraudulent clicks. If you click an ad from your home computer, you'll see the click register in your account, but the amount will be zero. Google knows your IP and cancels clicks coming from that computer.

1. xanzacow profile image71
      xanzacowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have accidentally clicked on an ad on my own hub that interested me. So far nothing bad has happened.

3. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

The Adsense terms & conditions do state that they allow for 'accidental' clicks whilst editing your site/pages and they also allow impressions from where you are testing/previewing your pages.  Nothing to worry about, although Adsense have stopped serving ads on one of my blogs because they claim the blog is against their terms & conditions... which it isn't!

working