jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Where do you get your photos for hubpages?

1. Jesse Mugnier profile image73
    Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years ago

Where do you get your photos for hubpages?

Where do you get your photos for your hubpages? Without getting in trouble of stealing someone elses content, and violating copywriting laws?

2. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Far and away the majority of my photos that I use in my Hubs I take myself.  I get some public domain photos from WikiCommons and buy some royalty-free photos on Fotolia.

3. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

http://www.dotgovwatch.com/?/archives/8 … aries.html
    Wikimedia Commons

Those are my main sources (not in any particular order of preference) other than ones I take or make myself.

Just be sure to check that the photos you use are public domain or the correct kind of commercial sharing license (see HP FAQ and Learning Center for details).

Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Super helpful, thank you!

4. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Morguefile and wikimedia commons.........................................................................

5. nanderson500 profile image84
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

The vast majority of mine come from the wikipedia commons. There are many great public domain pictures there. However, many other pics on there that are NOT public domain so be careful. Many times a photographer will put a photo on the site and just request that they be mentioned as the source if you use it. A few other pics are ones I have taken myself, but 99% are from wikipedia.

Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your help! I wish I had the equipment to take my own quality pictures, but alas, photography is not my strong suit. smile Voted up.

6. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I mainly take my own photos for hubpages as I love to look at things on a diferent angle & it is a lot of fun !
    Otherwise I google "Free photos " that I can use.
    I don't mind sharing my photos as long as the reference comes back to my profile as well as being shared on facebook etc for more viewers

7. cheetah786 profile image61
    cheetah786posted 5 years ago

its good question.. good photos you need are hard to come by.. many hubbers pick their photos from google search..

8. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

I either take the photo myself or get it legally from morguefile.com (which does not require attribution as long as you edit the photo yourself). 

Other ways would include getting "Creative Common" licensed photos which requires attribution to the owner.   Three ways of doing this is explained in the hub:
    http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … ons-photos

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

My favorites (for those I don't take) are morgueFile and Wikimedia Commons.  It's very helpful to read the Learning Center guidelines on attribution, too, by the way.

10. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 5 years ago

I take my own or get them by searching the creative commons search on Google. There you can go to Flickr, among other places, to find images already labeled creative commons.

11. Gary Holdaway profile image85
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

If you asking what I use, mainly my own photos, correctly attributed images, or images from free stock photo websites.

For you, I'd recommend the same things. Get yourself a camera with a slightly better resolution than a potato, and snap away smile You'll often find that these pictures are the nicest to feature on your articles.

Alternatively, websites like deviant art host an array of wonderful pieces, and the artists are readily available to email and request use. As long as you ask permission and attribute them correctly they will normally be happy of the appreciation.

Free stock photos are very easy to find, if you go to google and type "free stock photos" you'll get a huge list of websites. Browse through them and search for what you need. The downside to this is that often you'll struggle to find photos that compete against the quality and artistic prowess featured on others articles.

I really hope this helps answer your question.

12. profile image49
    harish chandarposted 5 years ago

Hi miss jesse how are you this is my new & first profile ::":":":":":":":"/>?>?>?>?>M>/>?>?>?