jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is “teaser” content?

1. Etherealenigma profile image81
    Etherealenigmaposted 5 years ago

What is “teaser” content?

This is the alert I keep getting: "This Hub has been identified as excessively promoting another site or sites. It may contain too many links, links on short or “teaser” content, too many Amazon/eBay capsules for the amount of text, or appears solely designed to procure back links. In order to have it republished, you will need to remove some or all of the links and/or revise or add to the content."
    I already eliminated 2 amazon capsules, and have no more than 2 links to any outside site, so I don't see what the problem is. Is there some other rule I'm missing here?

2. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

There are actually websites out there that are built solely on this crap.
    Content scrapers and spam-like teaser sites should be eliminated from the web, as they are absolutely worthless, to say the least.
    Teaser content is generally a copied introduction, followed by a link to the main source - like a backlink to your primary article.
    However, since things are a little more strict here, you may have just simply provided very little information, content, etc., when compared to the amount of the outbound links you provided, and so on.
    If you are mainly publishing on here for some SEO action to help your blogs and other websites, you may have landed on the wrong site, as a lot has changed during the last year or so...
    Then again, the automatic content filters may have mistaken you as a notorious spammer from India; ha!

Etherealenigmaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I think I understand now.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

teaser content is basically a hook to get someone to click to another location.  You start something and then make someone click away to a different place to finish getting the information.  Basically using a hub to entice a person to click somewhere else as opposed to standalone content.

Etherealenigmaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info.