riddles

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (33 posts)
  1. linquish profile image60
    linquishposted 14 years ago

A go to egg shop.
    A buy half of all eggs plus half egg.
    Then,
    B come at the same shop and ask for the same thing
    "half of all eggs plus half egg".
    after that,
    C come at the same shop also ask the for same thing.
    "half of all eggs plus half egg".
    Then,all eggs are sold.

Question:
    how many eggs at the beginning that the shop sell?

p/s:no broken eggs

1. Black Lilly profile image61
      Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

5 eggs.

linquishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is wrong or you can explain how you get it.

2. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that was my first guess, then I thought 7 then I thought 1 then I got confused...
        I dont know why I thought my mind needed testing..it needs sleep...

1. profile image0

so it is 7?
          if i would have just said it, when i thought it, y'all would of thought i was smart....maybe

2. hublim profile image67
      hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he did have some awkward customers though

looks like we have a winner here

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

how do you buy half the eggs at the end, but then they are all gone?
    If you buy half, some are still left...

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've got me on this one.

2. linquish profile image60

how about after you buy half of all eggs remain,there is half eggs available.

1. profile image0

you have to end up with no broken eggs, and start out with no broken eggs.. right?
        I know, that probably counts as a hint amd in riddle world hints are bad, so you dont have to answer if its agianst the rules.  smile

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

A bakers dozen  meaning 13 eggs

4. linquish profile image60

it's unnecessary to end up with half egg.Anyway,no rules at all.Just wanna test your mind.

Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Linguish, did you make it up or you have a set answer?

PS> Now I think I'm wrong.

1. profile image0

?????? I KNOW Im wrong...Im better off in the religion forum!!!

2. linquish profile image60

i only have one answer.

ok Linquish, crack this egg.

2. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

You can sell 1/2 an egg.....if its cooked

But the the number doesn't matter, no matter how many times you ask for half, you only get half, which always leaves half remaining at the shop.

If I was able to interpret the writing

1. profile image0

thats what I had a problem with....english IS hard...

3. profile image0

there are no eggs at the shop. they have a chicken...

big_smile big_smile big_smile
        that lays half-eggs...Nobel guaranteed.

1. profile image0

no no...golden eggs!!or chocolate eggs with NO CALORIES
          oh crap..im digressing agian...

2. readytoescape profile image60
        readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could be fish eggs for all we know hundreds of thousands of them.......given the "riddle"

4. profile image0

UNCLE!!!!!!

5. Black Lilly profile image61

I want a Kinder Surprise now!!!

6. Black Lilly profile image61

OK, this one is from the same series:

There are 8 crows sitting in the tree. Hunter No.1 shoots half of them. Then another hunter comes and shoots 1/3 of the remainder.
      How many crows are left in the tree?

7. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

They started with 7 eggs.

Can you immagine such an "egg-boutique" which only has 7 eggs on offer?!

8. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

What's more powerful than God and more eveil than the devil. Rich men want it, and poor men have it.

9. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Lol, Lilly. Maybe the hens were on strike!

10. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago
    11. linquish profile image60

ok justine.you're smart.no kidding.just be more confident with your decision next time.

12. JaShinYa profile image61
      JaShinYaposted 14 years ago

I got one! This is a bit confusing, but there ARE 2 answers!

You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)