jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it better to be on here everday or work on quality of writing a add a few hub

1. kat_thurston profile image60
    kat_thurstonposted 5 years ago

Is it better to be on here everday or work on quality of writing a add a few hubs a few times week?

I am trying to manage my time a little better as Im finding myself on the internet way too much. However that raises one problem with me being on hubpages. I want to see my eanrings increase so I am wondering should I worry more about adding 1 or 2 or morre hubs a day or focus on writing larger more quality driven hubs and add them a couple times a week.

2. profile image0
    bobbyandbeansposted 5 years ago

My experience has been that shorter Hubs don't get much traffic to begin with, so they may be a waste of time overall. 

I'm a writer for a living and web content clients prefer 500-750 words per article, so there's probably something to be said for longer writing with quality content. 

If someone else has a different experience they might chime in, but that's what I'm seeing with traffic.

3. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I know exactly what you mean by finding yourself on the Internet too much. Maybe you can put yourself on a schedule to slowly wean you off of the Internet. For some reason the Internet is supposed to be capitalized. This isn't a spelling lesson, as much as I just wanted to pass this little nugget of information on to everyone.  I was told this a while back, and again I don't know why this so. Keep on hubbing  smile

4. eHealer profile image88
    eHealerposted 5 years ago

Hello Kat, as a writer, I try to have optimal discipline about managing my time but sometimes find that limiting my time writing is an actual deterrent to good writing. Writing seems to comprise the same temperament as an artist, in other words, sometimes "you just feel like writing." Or have the "need to write." I am compelled, I guess, for lack of a better definition, to write when I feel like it and that seems to be often. Unfortunately, many of us feel guilty about doing something we really like. I do, anyway. Work shouldn't be a pleasurable activity and sometimes writing really isn't, it's hard, confusing-- but I am compelled to do it. I think you should do whatever you want, if you are a writer, chances are you have to write. Hubs should be high quality, cause in the long run, that's what gets the traffic. People share them and you build an audience that actually searches for your hubs. I write incessantly long hubs and am slow and deliberate. Too long, I'm sure, but comprehensive. I am noticing about half of my health hubs have hit the first page on a google search. It is worth it to take your time, write with your heart and mind, and be proud of your work.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I agree with bobby, I would concentrate on writing good quality hubs. There's nothing wrong with writing shorter Hubs at times as long as the quality doesn't suffer.

6. kat_thurston profile image60
    kat_thurstonposted 5 years ago

I just want to say thank you all for answers. They are all good and very good advice and I can take away a little bit of something from all of you. I feel that putting myself on a schedule and writing longer,quality hubs is best. I think I need to limit my time on the Internet and focus more on my writing. Perhaps working on one hub or topic at a time and them when Im satisifed with it then come back online to maybe critique and refine it a little bit then post my hub. This way I can focus more time into concerating on the quality of my writing without having the distraction of the things of the Internet. Thank you all again your advice is very much appericatied. Now Im off to work on perhaps my first in depth quality hub. I have written many hubs but I know I can do better. Again Thank you all.