jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you leave a critique about the hub on the hub?

1. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Do you leave a critique about the hub on the hub?

If you see a new writer is making some errors or omissions do you write your thoughts on the hub itself?

2. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

If you feel it's necessary, and it's "Constructive", then go for it.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image94
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

No, I would contact the Hubber directly through email so that they are not embarrassed publicly. It also avoids that awkward feeling of their wanting to delete the comment but feeling that would be rude.

4. healthylife2 profile image91
    healthylife2posted 5 years ago

I would definitely contact them through e-mail if it would help them. I wouldn't want another writer to feel negative in any way.

5. kidscrafts profile image79
    kidscraftsposted 5 years ago

I don't like to embarrass people either.  It's better to contact the writer directly.  We have each our customes and our beliefs ; maybe not everybody will like it but I find it's better to try to understand and respect people in general.

6. hawaiianodysseus profile image81
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

Hi, Carol!

You write the most thought-provoking questions. Love it!

My practice is to not leave a critique unless a writer specifically asks for suggestions on how he or she might improve their writing. My stance is that everyone who submits poetry, stories, and articles to the HP readership is at different stages in their respective literary growth. So I usually try to leave them with something encouraging or at least relevant to the topic at hand.

That said, I know that each one of us writers needs to--every now and then--go back and proofread what we've written. I can't tell you how many times I've spotted an omitted word or phrase, or erred in my punctuation, or--upon a second or third reading--found a better way to say something.

I sincerely appreciate that you asked this question. Have a great week, and have fun with the tricksters tonight!

7. ARUN KANTI profile image49
    ARUN KANTIposted 5 years ago

Very good question addressed mainly to established writers. I think open critique of writing style or use of punch line etc may be done as this will enthuse other writers to participate in the discussion as well. However, mitakes in grammar or compostion should be brought to the notice of the hubbers through e mails so as to caution him sufficiently  enabling him to produce much better hubs later.Excellent hub and thanks

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No.  I have no business judging someone else's writing in a public forum. If the errors are few, I would contact them personally thru hubpages.