VIEWER DISCRETION -NEEDS REVISING -1ST DRAFT

1. daiyaunna profile image59
    daiyaunnaposted 8 years ago

WHAT DO U THINK OF CHAPTER ONE? ADVICE PLEASE, BE NICE, BUT BE REAL.

2. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 8 years ago

Hi daiyanna, glad to meet you. Welcome to HP! Please keep all arms and legs inside the cabin, tilt the seat back and prepare for liftoff!

In the future keep in mind it is very advantageous to provide a "link" right to the Hub you'd like people to see. Since your rather new you've only a couple (already?! Keep it up!) to choose from, so it's rather easy to figure out what you'd wish someone to find.

But let me just future-proof it right now and provide a direct link for your Hubbing pleasure: My New Book Join

I'll me pouring through it soon..keep it coming and please don't mind the Gremlins on the Left or Right wings. wink

3. Marisa Wright profile image100
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Daiyunna,first of all I wouldn't paste a huge photo of yourself at the start of the Hub - some people won't bother scrolling down to read the text.

Second - when people read the book, they want to feel really involved. Just telling them the story "I did this, I did that, Mom thought this" isn't very involving, even if it's a sad story.

Your readers need to know what all the characters looked like.  What did your home look like?  What was your home town like?  How did you feel?  Try to remember things in more detail and paint a picture of what you saw and heard, not just a list of events.

working