jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it better to leave a shallow comment or no comment?

1. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Is it better to leave a shallow comment or no comment?

After reading a hub and you would like to let the person know you read it but you just cannot think of the best remarks to make, what do you do? Leave a short, perhaps not very meaningful one or leave none at all?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7362362_f260.jpg

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 5 years ago

Sometimes there is just not a lot to say if you really don't relate to a hub, but if it is a friend I think it is OK to just leave a few words. I can sense remarks in my hubs that someone either didn't read it or relate and the comment shows that but they made an effort and I think that means something. It is like saying something nice without lying. If you don't love it don't say you do. If you got nothing from it, comment about anything in the hub. If someone is wearing a weird wacky outfit you just don't care for, compliment them on their hair! If it makes you feel really bad to say anything then don't, that does happened to me now and then.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

As a writer, one is obliged to be able to show one's talent even there. However, everybody get's stuck. A simple comment would be nice. I don't see why it would be considered shallow.

4. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

I say leave a comment. I think all, or at least most, writers appreciate comments generally. Kind of like a face to face conversation: Sometimes you have a lot to say, sometimes you don't have much to say. You know, like when you are talking to someone and what they've said is rather complete, you might just say, "Exactly" or "I like that, you nailed it", you know, something along those lines. As far as a Hub goes, something basic might do like, "Very enjoyable read" or "You really nailed it" or "Great piece, enjoyed it very much". Just throwing those out there, it's up to the commenter how to put it. Mainly, I think it's a good thing to comment; it shows the writer that people are showing interest in their work. I've read on here it might have an influence on traffic, but I don't think that's been confirmed; but a comment is kind of like new content, so it follows it might influence traffic. Here's something I'm pretty sure happens if I remember correctly: When a comment is made, the commenter's followers get the Hub in their feed.

5. rfmoran profile image89
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I always try to leave a comment, unless I am confused by a hub and have no idea where the writer is going with it.

working