What are your tips for amazon and ebay ads. What are your suggestions for ebay

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Matthew Kirkposted 11 years ago

What are your tips for amazon and ebay ads.
    What are your suggestions for ebay and amazon ads?

I literally have never had a sale, with almost 10,000 views now too! I have had a few views etc, but no winning bids at all! Where am I going wrong!?

I tend to add in books in baking hubs as well as kitchen aids or specific tools you need to do the recipes...

2. aa lite profile image86
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

To be honest my suggestion is that you try getting Amazon sales on another site, I have a similar experience to yours, but I've had a few sales from my pages on Squidoo.  It's been pointed by quite a few people that HubPages Amazon modules convert very badly.  They were actually changed a short while ago, to try and make them less invisible to punters, but then traffic crashed and the new design was removed.

Having said that, there are people who get sales on HubPages.  The way they achieve that is that they right hubs specifically for sales, either a product review, or a "how to" hub, where the solution to a problem involves a product from Amazon.  I don't know what kind of hubs you write, but informational hubs,or recipes etc. don't tend to make sales.  If somebody already wants to buy something, and is googling for "what's the best widget for......" and comes to your hub which explains what the best widget is, then you are halfway to a sale.  If somebody comes to your hub just because they want general information, without planning to buy anything, they will most probably not buy it. 

Some of the formats that seem to convert well to sales are top 10 lists, or best 10 lists, you want to give the readers a choice of products, preferably at different prices or arranged in a logical way.  I think the rule of thumb for HP is that you write at least 50 words of original text for every Amazon product you are recommending.

1. profile image0
      Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This makes sense

3. Mr. Happy profile image71
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

I went through a few articles of yours. I think they are quite informative, photos and everything ... I actually saved your article on making bread (milk bread or something like that) for future reference, since I do like cooking from scratch.

The pesto article I found to be quite good as well. I like the first photograph; it is well structured and detailed - no complaints but at the same time, I could care less about Mortars, Electronic Scales, Sets of Knives and so on. Your article is great for making pesto, not for selling pasta machines. With an article like that, You should be selling Pesto (in my opinion).

I am confused about your intentions I think.

1. profile image0
      Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Appreciate that, good points. I will try it, always thought it would be difficult to sell pesto from ebay though, I wouldn't buy ebay pesto!!

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

I think it took me at least a year to ever make a sale on amazon...there was no ebay then, except for the folks who'd been a part of Hubpages since its start.

It takes six months or so for a new hub to finally get to where it deserves to be in search results - so that is one major issue.

This earning money on the web thing is a very slow thing....takes a lot of patience....

5. Sinea Pies profile image61
    Sinea Piesposted 11 years ago

I do make some Amazon and Ebay sales on HubPages but it doesn't amount to much. More of my Amazon sales are made on my blog. Definitely worth it.

I find that though I advertise products that relate to my content, frequently they buy something entirely different from Amazon after they click. Perfectly fine with me, they are buying!

6. Denmarkguy profile image82
    Denmarkguyposted 11 years ago

For one thing, it takes a lot of patience to start logging referral sales on the web-- no matter where you start. Thruthfully? It's easier making money on eBay selling your own items for your own ticket than trying to earn referral income.

I do sell a few amazon items from my hubs... But they all tend to be hand-picked personal recommendations that tie directly into the text of the article... and generally limited to books I've personally read and used. Overall, though? It's not much, and I sell 10x more from amazon widgets on my blogs. Also, you have a much better chance picking up a sale or two if you limit the things in your amazon segments to items under $15 or so-- with an article like the ones we write here, your best chance is to pick up a few "impulse buys," UNLESS you're actually writing a product review for an item you then have an amazon link to.

7. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I make many more eBay sales than I do Amazon. In fact, I'm thinking about just taking the Amazon off my hubs. I've heard of people that make a lot of money from Amazon though, selling with product hubs. I just can't bring myself to write many of those. I feel like I am pushing a product and I did enough of that when I did sell on eBay.

8. Howard S. profile image90
    Howard S.posted 11 years ago

See my hub which specifically addresses this topic:
    Advanced Techniques for eBay and Amazon Capsules
    http://howards.hubpages.com/hub/Advance … es-Modules

9. john000 profile image92
    john000posted 11 years ago

First off, my tips utilizing ads for Amazon.com and Ebay.com will be the same as the tips for Ebay.com and Amazon.com. smile I couldn't help myself!
    I understand your frustration. I am not sure you are doing anything wrong other than perhaps not relating articles to things popular to Amazon shoppers or Ebay. For instance, Kindle is a big deal now. If you had an insight into something or some feature of Kindle and explain that insight well, it should bring Kindle lovers to your hub. I believe I have seen my Ebay clicks come from folks interested, let's say in prospecting, and then noticing deals at Ebay on products also relating to prospecting but perhaps not their main motivation for coming to the article. I think it is impulse shopping.
    When I started out, I signed up for Amazon and Adsense (Ebay wasn't interested I think since I hadn't many hubs or experience?) For months I got no clicks on Amazon.com ads. In fact, I have never gotten a click in 2 years! After awhile I just gave up and stopped the ads and went exclusively with Adsense. Then, I started to make a "little" more money. When the HubPages Ad Program came out I signed up and my earnings jumped again (I still was signed up with Adsense).
    If it were me, I would forget Amazon.com (understanding that there are probably people making good money off of it somehow) and focus on Ad Program, Adsense and Ebay.
    I make sure I don't put more than 2 Ebay ads on a Hub because I think three + gives the impression that the article is "spammy". That is, it gives the impression that instead of being focused on writing, you are only interested in a dollar. I actually believe if folks come to your article and see at first glance a bunch of ads, they are many times likely to just check out and go somewhere else. That's just my unscientific opinion.
    Don't be too disappointed. Working hard at it really does improve your results. I almost make $1 a day now after 55 hubs and 2 years of participation. Not sure that will last with whatever is happening with the Google search engine because my views are dropping too. But, then again, we have seen that before, also. Hang in there!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

10. nisargmehta profile image65
    nisargmehtaposted 11 years ago

Thank you for raising this question. It is bothering me too. [Smiles]

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)