jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How and where can we get our hubs indexed in search engines?

1. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

How and where can we get our hubs indexed in search engines?

There are some hubs and articles, but they are not up with the times. Is there a list of places where we can index our hubs ourselves?

2. safiq ali patel profile image71
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Now my answer is by no means the gospel on getting indexed by search engines. But as far as I understand once you have created and published your hub search engine indexing happens quiet automatically. For example I have a hub that is about prayer. So each time a person does a search for prayer or related terms the search engine craws and indexes all relevant websites, webpages and even hubs that are about that subject. Once a person scrolls down to your hub in the search engine results the indexing or craw turns into a hit or a page view.
    As far as getting indexed goes you do not actually have to do anything other then publish your hub for it to be indexed by search engines. Of course if you market your hubs on facebook or twitter and get traffic to your hubs via facebook this will help indexing and drive your page rank upwards in the page results. I hope this answer helps.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

The hubs can get indexed automatically, but sometimes with HP's new Quality Assessment Process/Program, the search engines will crawl the pages but not index them. I use Webmaster Tools from Google to index my hubs if they haven't been automatically after 3-4 days.

Search 'submit url to Google' on Google. You should see a link to submit your website content as a website owner. Enter your link on that page and it should be indexed by Google in a few days.

Xenonlitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I was worried about the indexing delays people are talking about. I will index on Google and just wait. I have been marketing heavily at sites that I haven't used: Digg, Pinterest and Google +. I Tweet everything.

4. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Along with ThePracticalMommy, I also would add a sitemap using Webmaster Tools. You can select how often your sitemap is updated (aka how often you add/change hubs) and it may crawl them more frequently. I say may because in very small print google says they do not guarantee they will crawl a site just because it was submitted, but that it is more likely that they will.

Xenonlitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the answers, all!

5. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

You can submit your hubs on your own to search engines. It is time consuming but it can expediate the process.