jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubbers are not allowed to click their own or anyone elses answers but what if y

1. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Hubbers are not allowed to click their own or anyone elses answers but what if you want to know more

Hubbers as far as I understand are not allowed to click on our own or anyone else s adverts on hubpages. But, what action can you take if you see an advert for a product that you are really interested in. For example while I was editing my hubs a couple of days ago I saw an advert by a publishing company offering a free guide to publishing a book. I really wanted to click the advert to know more about the company and the free guide. But in keeping with hubpages rules I could not click that advert. How can a hubber view a hubpages advert without breaking hubpages rules.

2. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Copy and paste the identifyer into your search box and go to it from the outside. Most of them have a name or IP in the ad. Be careful on the publishing, some of them are rip-offs and will cost a fortune, leaving you with an unadvertised book and no way to get it out there.

1. tussin profile image59
      tussinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.  Publishing companies that place ads with Google are just trying to scam amateur writers who don't know the ins and outs of the industry.

2. safiq ali patel profile image73
      safiq ali patelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What if there is no identifiyer and to see any real detail you are going to have to click the advert or miss out....

3. Becky Katz profile image84
      Becky Katzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Use a computer that is not identified as yours on HubPages to go look at it. Try the library if you don't have another.

3. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I agree with Tussin and Becky to be careful. I have an acquaintance who wrote a cute children's story with a sweet message that is very close to her heart. It is a really sweet book but no better or worse than the millions of kids' books already out there. She used one of those publishers who advertises and was thrilled to finally realize her "dream of becoming a published children's author." It is a professional-looking hardback book. It turned out beautifully, with gorgeous illustrations and it is available on amazon and B&N.com, so it's legit, right? Well, yes, sort of...

I had a hunch it was the kind where she had to pay to get it published, but I kept my mouth shut. After she had published three or four (!) books in her series, she confided in me that it was costing her a fortune. I think she said something like $4,000-$5,000 each! Now she has all these books she has invested tons of money in, and they are just sitting there. Even though they are available for sale at those two trusted online retailers, outside of our small town and her family and friends, no one knows about the books and they are lost in the crowd at amazon and B&N. It is up to her to market them. We live in a small town and she is a very nice lady and well liked, so a big deal was made over her book being published, which helped with initial sales. Since then she has done a great job of marketing them in our town but how can she market them to the entire country? I guess if she didn't have the money to spare, she wouldn't have invested it, but still, I hope she can somehow make her money back.

working