jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you flag bad hubs or use the Hub Hopper?

1. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

Do you flag bad hubs or use the Hub Hopper?

I find myself going out of my way to flag bad hubs that show up on my news feed, but I don't use the Hub Hopper too often (probably once a month). Do you?

2. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

I have used both methods in flagging hubs. Probably about 50-50 in terms of which I use more to be honest. I will generally flag hubs to do with content length and incorrect attribution of pics, particularly those that are being used when they are actually non commercial (NC) licences.

rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting! I usually only flag for poor writing, irrelevant content, and overly promotional posts. I'll have to make sure I do my pictures perfectly! wink

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, I do not flag hubs. I do not feel it is my place to judge others work. I know how much work you can put into a hub only for it to be flagged for duplicate content just because someone else has written a hub about the same person. It is almost impossible to write a biography if someone has wrote about the same person. How are we to know if it has been written? Of course it is going to be similar writing about the same person. No, it is not my place, that is for HubPages to decide if you have wasted your time.

4. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I have used Hub Hopper, but haven't flagged any bad hubs there, because I haven't seen any that needed flagging from the Hub Hopping area. I have, however, flaged a few other hubs (I could count them on one hand). The only reason I did it then was because they appeared to have been written in another language and then translated to English using a translation program. The ariticles were so mangled in the translation that you couldn't even tell what the article was supposed to be about or what the author's intended message was supposed to be.

Other than that, I try to avoid flagging. I feel that all authors should have a place like Hub pages where they can hone their writing skills and have other writers around to help them out.

rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That makes perfect sense! I do try to keep the spammers off the site, and like doing a little quality control for such an awesome site. Thanks for sharing!

2. LouCannon profile image78
      LouCannonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Joanwz -- I think that your response to this question is very down to earth! From this point forward I will try and keep these words lingering in my ears... Thanks for sharing your opinion ~ Lou