jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What does the number over my Hubpages photo mean?

1. Becky Whittaker profile image60
    Becky Whittakerposted 5 years ago

What does the number over my Hubpages photo mean?

I am new to Hubpages but I am confused, how come I have a little "25" on my profile photo but my first and only hub (so far)  has a score of 57?

2. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, and I hope you enjoy your time here. This is a great bunch of people on here. The score on your photo is your hubber score. This will rise as you participate in the HubPages community; commenting on hubs, asking and answering questions, and writing hubs. The one on your hub is your hub score. This is an average score for a first day hub. As people read it, comment, and vote on it; the score will rise. The more comments, the higher the score. When views taper off, the score will drop a little. Do not worry about them mostly. They will bounce up and down.

1. Becky Whittaker profile image60
      Becky Whittakerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hiya, thanks so much for the reassurance Becky, I felt a bit disapointed as I put so much time into my article. I will bear with it and participate as much as I can. smile

2. Becky Katz profile image83
      Becky Katzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you hold it as unpublished for a day or two after you write it, the score will go up about 10 points. I like to do that.

3. Becky Whittaker profile image60

Thank you, I wish I had done that before publishing....maybe I could unpublish it? problem is I am getting quite good traffic at the moment. Do you think it is worth it?

4. Becky Katz profile image83
      Becky Katzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Leave it as it is. Next time will come soon enough. I publish for just a minute and then un-publish it to let the pending status work while I am waiting. Then when I do publish it the pending status is already over

5. Becky Whittaker profile image60

That is a really good idea, I will remember that. The good news is my hub is now up to 70 hubscore and my hubberscore is creaping up slowly, it is now at 33! Thanks for all your support.

working