Do you use questions/forums as research for Hubs?

1. ThompsonPen profile image77
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Do you use questions/forums as research for Hubs?

2. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

I have used the questions/answers forum to gain opinions on controversial subjects I intend to write about however since many of my articles are about subjects most folks aren't aware of to begin with it can be problematic to get any useful feedback.

I don't know how many times folks have left comments stating that this is the first they have heard of the information I relayed in my articles, so often my speculation based on research catch many off guard.

The path to the truth has many obstacles but the view is breath taking!

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I intend to in the future because it's plain to see that some questions create a wide and varied response from all sorts of readers. These answers could be used as source material - not copied down verbatim but used statistically for example, or considered for short quotes.
    In the past I've seen quite substantial answers given that would easily transform into hubs - I also recall a questioner asking the answerer if they could meet halfway and produce a shared hub because the topic had hit a raw nerve on HubPages and the answers were of such high quality.