jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you aimlessly following hubbers, and haven't read a thing of thiers?

1. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Are you aimlessly following hubbers, and haven't read a thing of thiers?

Following people on hubpages is cool, but we need to think wisely how we choose to do it, especially starting out.

2. Jon Kohan profile image66
    Jon Kohanposted 5 years ago

i think i only follow three or four people. I only follow people who i enjoy. There's a lot of hubs that are on this site i find really boring. I do not care about making homemade ice cream in a bag. I like funny people. Not people who try to be funny but people that are truely funny. So I follow them.

In a perfect world I'd follow everyone and hope they'd follow back that way I could get more views but i'd rather just have a couple people that love me follow me then a million who haven't read anything i've written.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I admit that I'm the worst. I need to do a better job.

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Most of the time I just follow readers that I will read their hubs. Sometimes I have unfollowed because they just quit writing anything that I am interested in. Some I think I will read but get sidetracked and don't read their work for awhile and then try to get caught up all at once. I try to keep up but I do have a lot of other things to do besides read. Right now, my reading has been curtailed severely because I just moved and trying to get my house sorted out. Mostly I just follow who I will read though.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

At the risk of sounding like a snob, I only follow writers that write about topics that are within my general area(s) of interest, and who demonstrate some basic writing ability.

I've never understood the many folks 'round here who just seem to "follow" hundreds of people and add new ones all the time. I guess they think the people they follow will follow them back out of courtesy and therefore pump up their own numbers.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I follow them because I like their writing style and what they are writing about.  If someone follows me, I go to their hubs and read a few and if I like them and they offer me information or entertainment, I will return follow them.

7. gags3480 profile image74
    gags3480posted 5 years ago

I have done it a couple of times, but only when I was assured that the hubber had really good quality hubs which shall help me.