jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Does following the suggestions in the title tuner help?

1. sleepylog profile image96
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

Does following the suggestions in the title tuner help?

I'm interested to hear Hubbers' opinions on using the 'title tuner'. Do you find that following its suggestions works for you or not?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I've never found the Title Tuner particularly useful. Most times it suggests misspellings or gibberish.

sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I found the same thing. I used Google's Keywords tool following Casimiro's suggestion and noticed an increase in traffic overnight after fine tuning some titles based on the suggestion I received.

3. Mandy M S profile image90
    Mandy M Sposted 5 years ago

The hubs I've used tle tuner on ARE my most successful.  It could be coincidence, but I just use it to see suggestions and try to form a GOOD title keeping in mind their suggestions.  I might also take something they suggest and turn it into a subheading or a phrase in the text somewhere.

4. cam8510 profile image94
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

It absolutely has helped my posts.  It is suggesting keywords that you can put into the title.  The words come from your article but they are also the words people are using to search for information.  It is a good idea to use what ones you can.  It is easy to come up with incoherent titles though.  I use them regularly.

The gibberish you mentioned would come from what people are typing into search engines.  Use what you can though.  It would also be helpful to use the suggestions quite often in the actual article.  These are what google will pick up on.

I have done all that but didn't find much of a difference in terms of traffic. The google keywords tool has proved much more helpful. Have you ever tried it?

5. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

I find it to be hit and miss. It's certainly useful about half the time in helping tweak a title, but I haven't noticed any spectacular improvement after the tweaking. I find the Google keywords tool much more helpful as it gives you a lot more information than just title keyword suggestions. It provides  keyword ideas and shows you which keywords have better CPC. It's also a great place to kick around ideas for a future hub as the data can tell you if your approach to a topic is already over-saturated.

Where does it tell you if the topic is already over-saturated? I've looked but I can't find anything.

2. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Look at Competition and # Global/Local Searches. It's a judgement call, but I try to avoid High competition and search numbers over 200K or so as these mean you're probably going to be lost in the noise.

3. sleepylog profile image96

Thank you for replying. I did look this up yesterday and changed some of my hub's titles doing exactly what you suggest and it worked. I notice a fair bit more traffic to some hubs that hadn't received any traffic for a few days.  Thank you smile

working