jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you quote Scripture verses in your hubs?

1. Kejanny profile image86
    Kejannyposted 5 years ago

Do you quote Scripture verses in your hubs?

I wrote an hub and when I quote scripture verses (from NKJV), it is marked as duplicate content.  When I delete the Scripture verses, it doesn't say duplicate content.  I want to have the actual Bible verses in my hubs, not just the reference, as it will be more easier for readers.  What can I do in such a situation?

2. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

I have occsaionlly used Bible verses in my hubs without issue.  The main thing w/ duplicate content is how much of your hub consists of the verses.  If the majority of the hub is your own individual content, and then you add in some Scripture you should be fine.  But if you write a one paragraph intro then have a list of 20 Bible verses you'll get labeled duplicate.  Basically, you want to make sure that over 50% of the Hub is your own individual work and not quoted.

Kejannyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi ElleBee, thank you so much.  I will review and add more content so the proportion of my content is 70 or more.  God Bless & Happy New Year 2013.

3. profile image61
    graceinusposted 5 years ago

Kejanny- So far I have not had that problem, but it might help if you try verses from other bible translation such as KJV, NIV and so on. Aside from that I don't know what else to tell you expect others may have another idea  on how to resolve your problem.

Blessing to you.

Kejannyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Graceinus.  Sure, I will use more than one translation.  Happy New Year 2013.  May God continue to bless you with good health, success and abundance grace in the coming year.  Thank you for being my friend!

2. profile image61
      graceinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You my friend are most welcome.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

No I never quote scripture. However most duplicate issues come from saying too much of the same thing word for word that you have published in other hubs or articles. If you are going to put the same information online at another location then you might want to publish it first on HubPages and wait 2-3 weeks before placing it someplace else. More and more writing forums are looking to avoid duplicate material. It reduces the odds of people clicking onto their particular site if your article is posted on multiple websites. It comes down to competition for views, clicks, and websites earning money based upon the number of monthly visitors.

5. thomasczech profile image67
    thomasczechposted 5 years ago

I know, this is ridiculouse. I have encountered the same issues with hubpages. This is why I am now writing on wordpress, they are not as controling.

6. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

I have used scripture in several hubs without any problems.  I would make sure you are using the scripture to support hub content, rather than just quoting the scripture.  I would also make certain to cite it appropriately.  If it is not properly cited, it will be flagged as well.  Hope this helps.  HubPages is not against scripture, just for proper usage.