Why am I making only .20 a day?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. carol7777 profile image74
    carol7777posted 11 years ago

Why am I making only .20 a day?

I have been on hubpages 6 months, my writing score between 94-97. I get close to 100 views a day and have close to 16,000 views. I regularly work on hubs and keywords.

2. bizwin profile image64
    bizwinposted 11 years ago

Hi carol7777, how frustrating. I get up to 800 plus visitors a day and I'm getting $1.50 to 2.50 plus a day. The views used to be 1,300 or more a day, earning about $3 to $5 dollars. At times, it depends on how much the keywords you are using cost. Try and check from adwords, if possible, to know how much the keywords are worth. The hubscore has no relationship with your earning. Wishing you the best.

3. Forthefuture profile image61
    Forthefutureposted 11 years ago

Hello,

If you are for 6 months and earning $0.2 a day now is not bad. but I can see that you have written more than 100 articles. So it can be low earnings. But it also depends on which type of niche you write about. Because CPM rate varies on the such basis. And I think keyword working is not enough. You have to work also on backlinking process. It is the heart of Article. Most of writers earning desired amount are working on backlinks much more. I am not one of them earning much. But I hope This information will help you to meet your desired goal soon.
    Best of luck, carol :-)

regards,
    Forthefuture

carol7777posted 11 years agoin reply to this

backlinks of my hubs?

2. dragonflyfla profile image78
      dragonflyflaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pinterest, Facebook would be considered backlinks.

3. Forthefuture profile image61
      Forthefutureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes carol backlinks. This is needed for every hub. So that lord google can know that your articles are connceted with reputed websites. You can use facebook, twitter, orkut, google+, reddit, stumble upon, digg, my space. You can also go for articles

4. luckykarma profile image60
      luckykarmaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Carol, I think we are all sick and tired of food, every TV show you see is about cooking, we want to explore the world more and open up to things that are new and explosive!.....I'm no better but have been off this site for so long now.

5. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

post your hub links to Stumbleupon, DIGG, Delicious, Redgage, Reddit, Rate It All- these are backlinks

4. jhendor profile image71
    jhendorposted 11 years ago

100 view is really not enough
    You will need like 5000 views to make $300 per month.
    So what that means is that you might need to have like 50 hubs each with a hundred views daily before you can really do well.
    You will need to work harder.
    I got discouraged a while ago too but i have been reading testimonies and i believe more quality hubs and more works will yield.
    Good luck.

thank you very much.

5. Lauryallan profile image70
    Lauryallanposted 11 years ago

In order to understand why you are only making 20 cents a day there are a few factors you need to understand.

1. Are you on the HP Adprogram or just Google Adsense? Since you mentioned views etc I'm thinking you are on the Adprogram and are being paid per impression. However, you are allocated a certain amount per 1000 views. Since this varies on average between $2 - $7 per 1000 views. If you are only getting 100 views a day then you are going to be making a tiny amount. If you don't understand CPM etc then please read this hub I wrote for hubbers to explain how many views they need to achieve an income from HubPages. http://lauryallan.hubpages.com/hub/hubp … real-story

2. If you want more visitors then there are a few things you need to do. You need to do keyword analysis and target specific people who will want to read an article you have written. From the articles you have written there are very few people who will be searching on Google to find out about the lunch you had with another hubber, or your hubbing vacation. Sorry but that's the truth. Those are nice things to write for other hubbers but they won't bring you lots of views or targetted traffic that you can turn into money. Most hubbers will not click on ads or buy things from your hubs. They are there to make money, not spend it, and they are not supposed to click ads and can be banned for it.
    http://lauryallan.hubpages.com/hub/shou … or-hubbers

3. Competition - You need to think of your hubs as store fronts in a long line of store fronts. Hopefully, this will make it easier to understand competition. Everyone on your street is selling the same thing, example apples. (This is what happens when you get ranked on Google - all the similar results are listed on top of each other and passing traffic has to decide which link to click on just like they would decide which store to go to). Now you are a new store and you are competing against these bigger stores and they have been established and have lots of customers and repeat customers. They also have a good rep and word of mouth is working for them. This is like backlinks and social media online. Now you can;t just go out and find high traffic topics that have lots of competition. That's the opposite side to what you are doing now.

4. Instead find something in the middle - lots of traffic but not as much competition. Try top 10 lists in something you know about and that people are looking for.  Hope this helps!

6. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

You must not be getting many readers from the search engines. In my opinion you should be writing in a niche area (and not about Hubpages--although you have a lot of followers for only being here 6 months they must not be reading your hubs if you only have 100 views per day). I really do not know what that subject will be, but if you concentrate on something you know, and link the articles to each other, other backlinks will come naturally, and your readership from Google will go up.
    There is some good information abot niches from the hubber thepheonixlives. Lauryallan makes some good suggestions also so you should take the time to read her links.

7. Bettyoverstreet10 profile image68
    Bettyoverstreet10posted 11 years ago

I am only making a few pennies a week, have been on HP 3 months and just reached 2000 views. My writing score has been in the 90s most of the time.  It 's a good thing I   didn't get into this thinking I would make a bunch-it's not happening.  However, I feel it has been beneficial to me as I am now enjoying writing after a few months of not creating anything.  Have a great day!

8. John Sarkis profile image80
    John Sarkisposted 11 years ago

Hi Carol, there are a few factors that'll determine how many daily hits you get.  People think it's always about writing on popular topics (i.e., football - just about everyone under the sun likes a sport of some kind...), but this is not always the case.  Focus on writing good and unique hubs and this might increase your daily hits.  Additionally, if you've only been with HP for 6 months, then you need to give it more time.

9. jaredbangerter profile image75
    jaredbangerterposted 11 years ago

Looking at the titles of your hubs, I'm guessing it's because they are not very well SEO optimized.  I'm getting 356 views a day and I'm lucky if I make a single dollar a day.  Recently I've been getting around 250 views last week and only making ~50 cents.

10. e-five profile image94
    e-fiveposted 11 years ago

I've been on a month or two less than you, and you're getting twice the average traffic I get.  (I don't follow as many people as I should, probably).  I've managed to get several links from blogs, and I write about things that I hope will make the definitive Web article on the topic.  I also promote my better hubs on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.

I didn't go into this expecting a living income, or even a substantial portion of my income.  My expectation was to *hopefully* get up to the point where I'm making $60-$80 a month without much maintenance.  I'm up to making about $15 a month after 4 1/2 months-- which I had hoped would be slightly better by now-- but I'm satisfied overall.  Maybe if I got a Hub of the Day or Rising Star hub I could get a push toward more traffic-- some people have reported that getting a featured article made a substantial difference in their traffic.

11. dailytop10 profile image86
    dailytop10posted 11 years ago

I'm earning an average of .60 a day for a month now despite having only 20+ hubs. This is a perfect proof that quality defeats quantity. Try to improve your hub titles and research for long-tail keywords with high google views. Including pictures in your hubs and adding descriptions can also help improve your hub's performance. Good luck!

12. VirginiaLynne profile image91
    VirginiaLynneposted 11 years ago

Carol, you are a terrific member of Hubpages and are doing a great job of writing too.  Lots of the advice given here is very helpful.  To get more money from writing here you need to have more views and that means getting views from search engines. One thing to know is that Google takes about 6 months to "discover" a Hub, so it is a bit early to get worried yet.  I've been here about 19 months now (250 Hubs) and now I do get steady traffic, but that didn't start until about 8 months into Hubbing.  I'd strongly suggest signing up for the apprenticeship program since that teaches you how to write good searchable topics.

I really appreciate your support and help..lots of good advice here.

13. filipinofoods profile image67
    filipinofoodsposted 11 years ago

Hi! Focus on writing quality hubs or hubs that people might search on search engines, DIY articles, recipes, tutorials etc... My hubs are about recipes and they are doing good. My earnings and traffic started to rise after a year. It really takes time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)