jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Newb to Affiliate programs, need help!

1. Bishop55 profile image94
    Bishop55posted 5 years ago

Newb to Affiliate programs, need help!

I have an active Adsense account, I've got Adsense, Hubpages, and Amazon affiliate stuff running.  I was seeing Adsense ads on my blogs, but now I'm not.  What is that?  Do I need to be pasting HTML into my own blogs on Hubpages?
    Also...I can't seem to figure out what CPM means?  And CPC, and Page RPM?  I've made .01 cent with Hubpages, even though it states $3.00 CPM.  Is the 2.99 difference Hubpages profit!?!? 
    My head is starting to hurt from reading about this stuff.  Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this stuff...

2. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Well, I am not sure why your ads aren't showing up on your blog, but try poking around on your blog and at the adsense website to see if maybe something got changed. 

CPM means Cost Per Mille which means the cost per thousand visitors or impressions. So at $3, you would need 1000 visits to your articles to make $3. This changes everyday, and goes up and down for a variety of reasons. Generally if you write articles targeted at higher paying advertisements, you can improve the CPM.

CPC means cost per click. This is used more by adsense. It means how much each click on an ad costs. So someone has to actually click on the ads on your blog for you to get money. You need a lot of people visiting your pages to get clicks on ads. In my experience only about 1% of people who visit my blogs click on my ads. But at around $.50 to $2 per click, it doesn't take too many clicks to make some money.

Page RPM is Return per Mille means how much money you would earn if you got 1000 visits to that page. It changes a lot and helps to give you an idea of how profitable a page is as well as other info.

Hope this info helps!

1. Bishop55 profile image94
      Bishop55posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  I appreciate this response.

3. dilipchandra12 profile image78
    dilipchandra12posted 5 years ago

working