jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

HubPages challenge?

1. cuttler profile image60
    cuttlerposted 5 years ago

HubPages challenge?

What is your take on the new hub challenge? I just love how hubpages is making us go the extra mile. It's no longer about quantity but quality.

2. MissJamieD profile image72
    MissJamieDposted 5 years ago

I love the challenges. It pushes us beyond what we presently know. We allow ourselves the opportunity to learn and expand our minds. This isn't just about writing text (as you know), but sharing our emotions and our brainpower. And through writing, we expand both which in turn makes us happier/smarter individuals.

cuttlerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very true. Writing is indeed about passion, and  a channel to express ourselves.

3. sparkleyfinger profile image91
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

what challenge?? I dont know anything about it tongue

1. MissJamieD profile image72
      MissJamieDposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if it's still going on but you can either check the main page for HubPages or the HP forums, there should be a link in there somewhere explaining the rules.

2. sparkleyfinger profile image91
      sparkleyfingerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

is this the 30 hubs in 30 days thing? that seems to be the only challenge i can ever find on here!

3. cuttler profile image60

Hi Sparlleyfinger? The 30 hubs in 30 days is part of the challenge. However now more emphasis has been put on the quality of the hubs rather than quantity. Refer to the huboages weekly email for further clarification

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

I think it's really smart. It allows each hubber to pick a challenge level. I also like the goal of self-improvement rather than competition or winning.

Very true. I think the new factors will help hubbers improve overally

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

I had joined HP challenge last year. It was a challenge to finish 30 hubs in 30 days which takes up lots of my time and effort. Although the hub earning was not as much as i thought..( i earned an extra 50cents for that month) i managed to gained more followers and received lots of positive feedbacks from kind hubbers. I will try again this year but i really need to draft out all the 30 hubs before i join in.

It sure does take a lot of energy to participate in the challenge. Personally, i can't at the moment due to work commitments..am looking forward to digging my hands in it come April when I'll be on vacation.

6. generalbrat profile image72
    generalbratposted 5 years ago

I truly agree it's quality! Even though I have not entered the challenge myself. Maybe sometime I will as for now got to much on my plate got any volunteers to help me with my work tongue lol

I too have never participated because of work and school, but this April on my holiday I intend to participate. The new challenges are just great.

2. generalbrat profile image72
      generalbratposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well good luck have fun! smile

7. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I think anything that helps you set a goal is a good thing.

Exactly...it is exactly what the challenge does.

8. Claudia Marie profile image74
    Claudia Marieposted 5 years ago

Sometimes it takes a little push to do your best work. The Hub challenge is a good thing.

Very true...glad we r on the same page

9. cjpooja26 profile image65
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

It is cool and i think to check our writing skills, it is the best way and also exciting that pushes you to do your best any how.

working