jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone had a decrease regarding his/her commenter level? Mine went from Lev

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Has anyone had a decrease regarding his/her commenter level?  Mine went from Level VII to Level VI.

2. Tech Golem profile image83
    Tech Golemposted 5 years ago

I believe your commenter level is determined by your activity over a rolling six month period, so it can go up and down depending on your sustained level of commenting.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Mine went down too. I commented on just a few hubs and then t was back up - it was really strange.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is indeed!

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

As long as you maintain your task in commenting hubs everyday, say 5-10 hubs per day, i am sure your level will not drop. Mine dropped once and got back after i started this "everyday commenting" regime. I am eagerly waiting to reach level 8 too.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I can tell you that I had been quite an active Hubber for some time, but then left for a couple of months on personal business. Leading up to my two-month departure, my commenter level was a solid 7 and I thought I would be reaching level 8 with the very next key stroke. :0)

That moment never came. Upon returning I was still a level 7, but one day (out of the blue)...I dropped to a level 6. The next day I was back to level 7. The day after that I returned to level 6 and I have been stuck there for the past two months or so, even though I have been quite active.

I notice that some Hubbers have achieved level 8 commenter status, but I usually only see them render very short answers to questions and their rebuttles to Hub comments are usually short and sweet as well.

I do not know what the criteria is for moving up or down the scale, but in the grand scheme of things it probably matters little. I think the true measure of a commenter's status is achieved through the quality of their comments...not the quantity of their answers.

6. Sana Ratio profile image61
    Sana Ratioposted 5 years ago

I do agree with peachpurple, good and meaningful 5-10 comments everyday will increase your comments level 0-8 smile.

7. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Sorry, but I must play devil's advocate here. Are we commenting to play a numbers game that ultimately doesn't count for squat, or are we commenting to participate in a supportive community of writers? Personally, I've got much better things to do with my time--like focusing on writing quality hubs--than posting a daily minimum of comments in a vain attempt to keep a rating up.
    Putting away mt soapbox now.

working