jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How much time do you take to research, write and publish a hub ?

1. countrymen profile image59
    countrymenposted 5 years ago

How much time do you take to research, write and publish a hub ?

2. Asp52 profile image87
    Asp52posted 5 years ago

For me that does depend on the subject of the hub. If it is a hub created off an idea I had, then the research will take a lot longer than something I am already knowledgeable about or is related to my everyday life.

I have now found a personal routine for writing my hub's which cut down on the time I spend writing my articles, it works for me and has cut down my preparation time considerably. I then leave my hub a day, re-read then publish.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

It all depends on the hub and the subject.  Some hubs are fairly brief and to the point because not much needs to be said to get the idea across.  Others, like detailed tutorials for example, require a lot of extra work to illustrate.  My range in writing time has been 30 minutes to over 4 hours depending on the type of hub. 

Keep in mind, the longer you write and the more regularly you write - the faster you become.  I would recommend taking the time to make your hubs good though over speed.  A quality hub is more valuable in the long term than one that is thrown together too quickly.

4. pradiiphira profile image72
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

it depends on subjects. sometimes research take much time may be 2-3 days and i write hub in a hour, some times i cant find proper word than leave to write hub and after some day i will continue it.

5. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I'm always collecting ideas, and have a running topic list. Once a week I start a file for several of these topics which I will plan to write in the next week or two. I spend the rest of that week researching these stories. I take one to two days writing  them (we're talking about 10 to 15 stories for HupPages and 2 other sites).

The actual writing process for each story, depending on the story takes about 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. Most take about an hour.

Once they are written, I upload a few a day over the next few days as well as writing for another site with short turn around time (3 hours to research and write). and any other odd writing jobs I can find.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i always could easily get the topic or title. However, to search for the details and write them down in drafts before publishing, it is going to take at least 1 week to 1 month, depending on how much time i could spare. Being a busy mom and loads of household chores, i guess the only time is public holidays!!

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Normally, 30 minutes to 1 hour. But often, my hubs are about what I've studied or observed for a week or an entire semester. It depends on each hub topic.

8. Lumitare profile image70
    Lumitareposted 5 years ago

I have only written one hub but it took several hours. But partly because I had some difficulties understanding I could organize it. I am sure that my next one is going to take less time to write even though I want to make sure that they are the best they can be.

working