jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Can we use our hubs for other things?

1. Elderberry Arts profile image98
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

Can we use our hubs for other things?

I know we cannot publish our hubs elsewhere online but is it allowed to use them in their entirely or in part for other writing such as competitions or offline publications? I do some writing for magazines (paid and unpaid) would it be allowed to use my hubs in these if they were ok with the material having already been published online.

2. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

As long as you won't publish them on other sites, it won't affect your hub's performance in any way and I believe there's nothing wrong with using them locally since they are your creations to begin with.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

The rule is to use unique content otherwise not seen online. Offline publications don't count and its your work so go for it.  You can always include the link to your hub on the offline format. Or take the hub down while it appears elsewhere.

4. krbalram profile image61
    krbalramposted 5 years ago

ya ,you can promote your blog through it.You can tell about your religion to the people.You can tell what are your views.Or you can tell about your business and promote it through it.

5. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 5 years ago

Yes, you can always print it off and give it for good reading to friends and famly.

6. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the question Elderberry Arts. I have asked this to myself, too. Thanks for the answers guys;-)

7. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image32
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 years ago

I use hub in promotion to the tourism potentialities of my land as it has such diverse features to attract any visitor.  I do this without expecting any remuneration and it is purely a voluntary service.  You can read  my articles at : http://sunilkunnoth2012.hubpages.com

8. jayshreepattanaik profile image46
    jayshreepattanaikposted 5 years ago

i think we should use it....but it should not go out of hub rules........if it will break hub rule then we should have to avoid that?

9. Elderberry Arts profile image98
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

Thank you everyone. That helps lots. I wanted to use my recipes in a book but as it is an ebook would that count as online content as although it needs to be found on and downloaded from the internet it is viewed offline.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, an ebook doesn't count as online content so you're good to go.

2. Elderberry Arts profile image98
      Elderberry Artsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great. Thank you smile

10. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Yeah, as long you don't re-post your hubs at any other websites, you are allowed to post a link to let your friends know about it thru email, facebook and twitter. You can also join yahoo answer and post your links for them to read. I did that and was helpful to bring in traffic.

working