jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I made a small edit to a popular hub and now numbers have very much decreased! R

1. Seek-n-Find profile image90
    Seek-n-Findposted 4 years ago

I made a small edit to a popular hub and now numbers have very much decreased! Related?

I wanted to tweak my most popular hub--just to keep it fresh.  I only added one small paragraph in the body of the text and now the number of page views per day has been cut in half--is this coincidence or did that small change somehow effect the views?

2. MarieAlana1 profile image70
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

It is possible that you have gone over the 800 word limit that Google wants. It is also possible that you don't have the keyword mostly used in the other paragraphs for that paragraph. Both of these could limit your hub views.

Seek-n-Findposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  I don't think about key words much so this is helpful.  :-)

3. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

Have you targeted a certain keyword phrase while creating that hub? There's a chance that you accidentally disrupted its weight while adding more words into the hub. This is quite hard to solve if you never intended to target a specific keyword phrase as you won't have any idea what to add.  But I'm pretty sure, adding more content to your hub should drive in more traffic. With more words, you can target more related search terms. My tip is for you to wait for at least a week. I have a very good feeling that its performance will improve.  If the numbers won't positively change, try to tweak your hub again back to the original.

Great advice.  I'll wait and see how it does.  I love creating content--hate the marketing end of it.  :-)  I think I'll wait and see how it performs over the next week as per your suggestion.  Thank you!

4. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

By adding a small amount of fresh content you could:

* induce key word imbalance.
    * create mistakes..typos, grammatical and so on.
    * alter the meaning or flow of the hub.
    * put readers off with too many words.

I'd guess it's a combination of these but you never can tell. Google can act in strange ways. You could reverse the addition and go back to the original!! But this is a risk - you may half your traffic again, but who knows?

The other possibility, as you mention, is coincidence. If it's an educational hub for example term times may have affected traffic?
    I wish you luck. It's so frustrating when you want to do positive things and get hit for no apparent reason.

Yikes!  I don't think about those things--I just write.  :-)  Hmmm.  Yes, it is frustrating!  I'll wait a little bit and see how it does.  Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Maybe you hub consist too many words, all cramp up. Keywords link to the sub heading is also another possibility.

6. Kaili Bisson profile image98
    Kaili Bissonposted 3 years ago

what happened with your hub in the end...did traffic go back to what it was or did you alter hub again? Just curious  :-)

working