jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

When you post questions, do you hope to get long or short answers?

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

When you post questions, do you hope to get long or short answers?

2. sweetzara profile image80
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

Long or short does not really matter that much. When I post questions, I usually hope to get really good responses that answer the question and not go off on a different tangent. Therefore, sort and to the point seem best. Having said that... some of the best long answers I have got, have been in the form of a hub created in response to one of my questions.

Hope that helps!

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
      ReneeDC1979posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sweetzara.  Great points.  I love when a question inspires me or someone else to write a hub.  Thanks for stopping by and keep hubbing!

2. larakern profile image72
      larakernposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sweetzara, I agree! As long as the response actually tells me the information that I was asking for, I'm happy. Some answers give half answers but you still have to go on three or four different websites and piece information together.

3. profile image69
    graceinusposted 5 years ago

Long or short answers don't matter to me as long as they are honest and from the heart.

4. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

I hope to get good answers. I hope to be hard pressed to pick one "best" out of all submitted. Length is immaterial.

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I think as long as the answer is a to do with the subject then I don't really mind. But I guess having long answers that go way off topic might bug some people.

6. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

I just hope to get answers :-) I'm not good with Q&A. Long or short is fine with me. Although it is quicker to read answers that are concise and succinct so I can answer them in good time.

7. MakerBaker profile image62
    MakerBakerposted 5 years ago

It doesn't really matter, as long as the response answers my question in a way that i can understand, then I am happy.

8. gitachud profile image90
    gitachudposted 4 years ago

I prefer short and concise answers as opposed to lengthy ones.

9. jhendor profile image81
    jhendorposted 4 years ago

I prefer short and straight to the point answer
    Like the format twitter uses.

working