jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

What percentage of your followers are actively commenting on your hubs?

1. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

What percentage of your followers are actively commenting on your hubs?

I am curious to how many followers really follow us

2. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I have over two hundred followers and not even half of my followers comment on my hubs.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

About 5% of my 300 and something followers actively comment on my hubs. An additional 5% follow my questions and actively answer those.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I would venture to say not even 5% percent comment on my hubs. Although I do try and comment on my followers hubs "If" I get notification.

1. teaches12345 profile image94
      teaches12345posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would agree with others, the number of followers who actually comment are relatively small compared to the total.  However, those that do are loyal and supportive, which is rewarding.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree!!

5. kidscrafts profile image81
    kidscraftsposted 4 years ago

It's also about 5% for me.  Thank you for asking that question Carol because it reassures me to see that it's not just the specialized subject I chose to write about; it seems to be a general tendency for everybody.

6. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

About 10 % of my followers comment regularly on my Hubs. I have a small 300 followers.

I am perfectly ok with it by the way. I find it practically impossibe to comment on the Hubs of ALL of my followers and there are many that write about stuff I don't have much to say to.

Guess this goes two ways and I feel it is very natural. What I do ALWAYS! Leave a comment in response to the one that took the time to comment on my Hub.

Many Hubbers out here don't respond back in whatever way. I find that rude to be honest because it's a little effort for a lot of heartfelt concern.

1. LongTimeMother profile image95
      LongTimeMotherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Like you, Escobana, I always try to read and comment in return when people take the time to comment on my hubs. Plus I make an effort to at least vote up every hub I read that impresses me, even if I have nothing to contribute in a hub.

7. LongTimeMother profile image95
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

I find that most of my followers have left a comment on at least one of my hubs, Carol7777, which is great! I only have 70 followers, but I feel like I know every one of them. smile
    The majority of my hits however come from search engines and presumably readers are not members of HP. I have never had a 'guest' comment.
    I considered putting a 'join HP' type of message on the bottom of some of my hubs. What do other hubbers do? I just figure if they are reading, it's a good thing.

8. MarieAlana1 profile image72
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

I think it's more like 10% of readers comment on my hub. So, say I get 10 pageviews. Usually out of the 10, I get one comment.

9. ARUN KANTI profile image64
    ARUN KANTIposted 4 years ago

Considering the very dismal participation of my followers in commenting on my hubs I may now review to begin commenting on them who go through my hubs seriously and leave meaningful comments.

10. profile image0
    paxwillposted 4 years ago

Not that many, but I don't care.  They are free to do whatever they want with their time, and if they don't want to comment or read my hubs, then that is their business.  Who are we to judge how actively our followers follow us? Followers don't owe you anything.

11. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

I'd say around 5-10% have commented recently although it's around 30% long term followers have commented on a hub or more.

I personally tend to comment on a hub when I see some specific reason to comment. I read hubs which are generally of interest to me (sport, fitness, travel and occasional food/ drink hubs) so if the people i'm following go off on a tangent to that there's a likelihood I won't read unless the concept appeals to me in some way.

It actually annoys me when I get a 'nice hub, voted up' comment because it doesn't add anything to any arguments or any insight into the area.

Unfortunately I often criticise hubs as well if I feel duff advice is given out or if they look poor. I know my work is not perfect but it's targetted and there's reasoning behind it all

12. gags3480 profile image81
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

Very few. Hardly 2 to 3 % in last 3 months.

working