jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think hubbers should be more involved with removing poorly written hubs?

1. davidlivermore profile image98
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

Do you think hubbers should be more involved with removing poorly written hubs?

I previously asked a question if Hubpages should do more about poorly written hubs.  Most hubbers stated HP should.  Should hubbers themselves be more involved with that?  We may flag bad hubs, but we should have more involvement.  For example, Hubpages should pick six users (if necessary, multiple groups) to review a hubber's hubs.  If they are deemed low quality, they get unpublished and require the user to make updates to meet certain standards.  Should something like this be implemented to clean up the mass amount of poorly written hubs on HP?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No, I think it is the responsibility of the site owner to keep low quality hubs offline.  I have to say I would hesitate to publish here at all if my hubs were going to be judged by other hubbers.  I would want to know their qualifications and be absolutely sure the process was objective.

1. profile image0
      ViolinByCourtneyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I think some people would vote to take down hubs because they don't like the topic rather than because of poor content, especially in cases of politics or religion.

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 4 years ago

This should be the responsibility of HP staff. Writers spend enough time asking/answering questions, using forums, creating, researching, writing, organizing and many will not see a profit in a decent amount of time, if ever.

1. davidlivermore profile image98
      davidlivermoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer, I agree.

4. HazelAngeli profile image61
    HazelAngeliposted 4 years ago

Writing is a medium of expression. We have to consider the fact that hubpages has its own guidelines for quality assurance before each hub is published. I believe they go through each hub accordingly and will not publish it if they are poorly written. We have to understand that language may set us apart from others but this should not be reason enough to say that other's hubs are of less quality when compared to ours. "Don't judge lest be judged", Just expressing my opinion. Nothing really personal.

5. Sue Bailey profile image80
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

I think it should be up to HubPages.  Some people make a career out of flagging hubs just for the power trip. They base it on their own perception of what is a good or bad hub and who knows what their standards are.  I personally only flag if they break Hubpages rules.