jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is the distinction between a hub and a blog on HubPages?

1. Prakash RnP profile image56
    Prakash RnPposted 4 years ago

What is the distinction between a hub and a blog on HubPages?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7963713_f260.jpg

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

Blog means too personal write ups.  We can express anything in a blog and it can be too personal as well. Your thoughts, dreams, travel experience, love, ideas, anything. But Hub is different.  Here even though we can write anything, we should control us to keep the writings not to be too personal.  Our aim is to educate or make aware a fellow hubber some points.  So you need to use a language suiting that purpose. Also take care to keep your contents too personal or self centred. But such types of controls are not there for Blogs, there you can freely open up your mind.  So the point is that when you wish to write some very personal things, you just go for blogging.  Hope things are clear now.

Prakash RnPposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for responding to my query. You seem to have missed an important point. What may seem 'too personal' to you may not seem so to another.

3. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Blogging is almost like a diary entry. It is your personal opinion, your personal experiences, your perspective on any particular subject.

Non-fiction Hubs are informative articles on any subject, and not quite so personal. Fiction Hubs can be stories, poems etc., although I think non-fiction makes more money.

Thank you. I should like to comment later.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

A blog consists of your personal thoughts and views as they relate to your own life and experiences.  I hub is a more objectively written article that may include some of the above to enhance it, but is not totally about you, personally.

HP is a business and therefore they know that people generally could care less about you, personally and therefore will not want to read your blog articles.  When this happens, nobody earns...thus the philosophy of "no blogs".

Thank you. I should like to comment  later on what seems to be your personal opinion.

5. PoeticFailosophy profile image58
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

Sir blogging is not permitted on HubPages. Is only permitted to writ hubs.  For the writing of personal thoughts and such one must initiate a blog using a service such as Blogspot.com or Wordpress.com for the writing of personnel thoughts.

working